new year travel with rallies

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by ill.plainsman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

ChocoChock01 , we are planning half that, this trip. the thing is we have NEVER done anything like this before. we just need to see our friends so we are looking for our portal friends this trip around. this summer or next we plan on going around the northern route, DC to Sacramento, to north rim to Corn Palace. we went to Cali. a few years ago but it was a rush and hotel stays all the way [V] . not much fun and very expensive. also it was for only 2 weeks [:(O] . this will be over 3 months [:D]. half the price of the last one [;)] and 10 times as much fun [LOL] [LOL] as well as 100 more interesting places.
    our truck is 4x4 available but I'm not used to using it other than getting out of snow or mud holes.I think desert driving better be put off till I find someone to go with us. otherwise I'll be running on flat tires trying to get out of the desert. not a lovely thought or wrsev yet stuck in some ravin someplace.
    thanks Indy. looks like I'll be checking on the big bend area. want to check on getting a solar [SUN] charging system so I can get into some dispersed camping areas. I'll be checking Camping World to see what they have for portability. we don't have any passports so no south of the border for us [::)] .

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Padre Island is my part of the US. If you need any coastal advice, don't hesitate [emoji3]

My phone did this using Tapatalk

3. ill.plainsman

4 days till traveling starts. can't wait. I have our itinerary set and map quest for all 30 stops [RTM] . going to be a lot of traveling [:)C] . possible 4 rallies in 4 months. some boon docking [CP] some family visits and friend [:I] making and friend visiting all along the way. [PU] [PUT]

4. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Now don't you forget to swing on over to the Sewer come October!! [8D]

[:D]

5. Indy

Indy Member

This is going to be a great adventure. Are you going to update us with photos along the away? I'd love to follow your travels.

6. ill.plainsman

yeah if I can figure out how to get photos from photo bucket to here. I really want too. I like travelogues that tell the day to day events so I will try. and rotnmom I'm ONLY going out for 3 1/2 months. I'll see you in the SC DOG though. thats even sooner. we have to go to California first though. we will try boon docking with out hookups first at their rally in Mohave desert. then we are headed for the South Carolina Dutch Oven Gathering clear across the country. will be finding new things and people across America. with Gods help and our good fortune we will post here. [PUC] [PUT] [:)C]

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Well WAH!! We'll miss you at the Sewer!! [:(]

Click HERE to learn how to post pics.

Give a holler if you get stuck!!!

[:D]

8. ill.plainsman

:) we made it out of town and now we are looking for good weather. oh my gosh there isn't any. not if you call 28 for a high in Missouri. not much better in Oklahoma. I think I saw 32 for tomorrow. Well I got my boat at BassPro Shops so we will just visit some relitives tomorrow. then we head to Texas to find some warmth. not sure that will be possible but we will keep plodding on to Arizona. hopefully there is some there. [:>(] [:>(] I know you are out there. [PUC] [PUT]

9. ill.plainsman

[PU] [PUT] We finally got it popped up. We found a KOA at Carlsbad New Mexico. nice that they have full hook ups at all of their 75 foot sites, in fact all their sites are this long except the tent sites. More than we need but looks like a nice camp ground. neighbors are close but not that bad. We have 25 to 35 feet from front door to the next campsite. this doesn't sound like much but it really is acceptable. there is about an inch of frost on the ground and everything else. only the north side of trees and posts. looks weird. temps to be down about 15 deg. tonight and warming up to 37 to 40 tomorrow. going to be here a few days checking out what things got jostiled loose or broke from the trip. nice state park near here have to check it out too.I am sure it will warm up now that we are here. [LOL] [SUN] [;)]

10. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Glad you made it to one of your many destination safely. Too bad it isn't warmer though. Hopefully the weather will get warmer for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

11. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Nice way to start a new year....see ya in a month and a few days

12. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Thanks for the update, give my love to Susan and stay safe and warm.

13. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

If you are headed across I-40 there is another KOA in Kingman I use for stop overs. Not pretty but does the job. If you are a veteran there is a discount.

We are having 2015 Calif Winter Rally in Red Rock Canyon SP, north of Cantil CA (California City, Ridgecrest) on Jan. 15-18, if you are passing through.

14. ill.plainsman

headed to South Carolina in another couple of days we spent some great time in the Moja desert with some very interesting people. They defiantly have a different way of camping there. I guess getting used to bringing everything is a wonderful way to camp. I enjoyed every minute of it. the spooky thing was even though I was using a 2000Watt generator every day on the 4th day I almost didn't get my top down. had just enough power. solar is the way to go if you visit the desert. fantastic hikes wonderful people and a great time had by all. THANK YOU California. :)

15. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

So glad you are having fun. Don't forget your Illinois friends. :)