Newb to PUP. Not to Camping

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by graggl, Jul 24, 2015.

1. graggl

graggl New Member

Hi all. As you may have guessed by my display name, I'm Larry. I live in Gaston County, NC with my wonderful wife Christie and our 3 kids. A 15 year old son and a set of 14 year old twin girls. We love to camp as much as time and work allows. I grew up camping in tents with family, and turned my wife onto it while we were dating in the 90s. We tent camped for years, and have taken our kids since they could walk. We tent camped for years, but didn't go that much because it was such a hassle to drag everything out for the trip. We bought our first pop up 3 years ago. A 2002 Rockwood Premier 2516G and absolutely LOVE it. We have taken it out several times around the area. We love going to Steel Creek Campground in Morganton, but are always looking for new campgrounds to try. So far, we have taken it down to Jekyll Island GA, and look forward to doing it again.

I have learned a lot about popups just from issues that I have had with mine. I am able to fix about anything that comes up, thanks to the internet and a few discussion forums. I'm always looking for any upgrades/ideas to improve our camping experience.

I'm happy to be a member here, and look forward to any and everything that anyone is willing to share.

2. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the portal from Phoenix Arizona!
    Happy Camping!

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome to the Portal from N/W Fla. Ga has some really nice campgrounds, as does Al. and Fl. PUPing is the way to go with a Family, easy to tow and not that hard to set up, a lot less hassle than tent camping and a lot better in inclement weather ::Happy Camping

4. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Welcome from Raleigh.

5. Jimmy the rug

Jimmy the rug New Member

Welcome from Connecticut

6. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

7. carolinacamper

carolinacamper Member

Welcome from Hickory!

8. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Welcome from Polk Co.