Newbie here -- may be buying our first Pop-Up tonight!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Canoecamper, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Canoecamper

Canoecamper New Member

Hi everyone -- my husband and I may be joining the ranks of pop-up owners -- we're going to look at a '99 Coleman Santa Fe tonight (with cash in our pockets). [:D] Decent Pop-ups are being snatched up as fast as they are advertised on Craigslist around here. This one is listed as excellent condition, garaged, for $3200. It was posted yesterday, we called about 2 hours later and arranged to take a look tonight and she has already put a couple of other interested parties on hold until we can get there -- nice! :)

I've printed out the "what to look for" checklist. Not sure if it has the ABS roof, but we'll look for any bowing and delamination, etc. Any other hints & tips for us from you pros out there? Thanks!

Canoecamper

2. Oski88

Oski88 New Member

Welcome. For what it is worth, we bought our '03 Sante Fe for $4500 last month (we live in Oregon) and that was about the best price I have seen before or since for that model out here.

What specific things to look for in this model? I don't think there really is much. Maybe confirm what features it has??? Go to this link: http://www.colemantrailers.com/ and download the brochure for the '99's. At like page 10-ish there will be a spreadsheet looking page that allows you to see all standard and optional features, as well as compare SF's to other models. Off the top of my head, does it have the cassette potty? Outside shower? Awning (and if so, double check to make sure you are getting all the poles. Don't ask how I know this :) but two poles store inside a little metal lip at the edge of the awning. There should also be 3 poles that run from the trailer down to that metal lip thing). Other than that, it is the basic stuff - have them show you that every thing works, make sure you can operate them yourself, check for water/mold, etc.

We just took our Sante Fe out for the first time last weekend and loved it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. puptart

puptart Camp Director

We just purchased our first last night :) Good LUCK! I have no help for you as I am new to this...but you found the right site to ask questions....they are a great bunch of puppers to say the least. :)

4. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Hope its a keeper!

5. wardog

wardog Member

You could look up the value on NADA to see about what it is worth. It really comes down to what you want to pay and if it is in good condition. I think, but could be wrong, that year model does have the ABS roof. Good luck to you.