NEWPORT RHODE ISLAND-Melville Ponds

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by 3hooligans, Jul 24, 2016.

1. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

MELVILLE PONDS CAMPGROUND-Rhode Island
    www.melvillepondscampground.com
    181 Bradford Ave
    Portsmouth, RI
    401-682-2424

We stayed here in June of this year. The campground is located just 5 miles outside of Newport Rhode Island.

The CG has new bathhouses with 2 showers in each as well as a separate shower house with 8 showers all full bathrooms( 2 I believe were HC accessible). I didn’t see the cleaning crew, but they were spotless. And Air conditioned.
    There are full hook ups, W/E and no hook ups. There is a field set up which they hold an airstream rally each year.

We chose a W/E site which was wooded. 30 amp, good water pressure. Level site and fire ring. Not too close to others. Trees separating, no small ground cover. The roads where gravel. There are three grey water disposal sites to dump your grey water, and a dump station as you leave. The rates vary look to the website.

The CG has ice for sale 2:50 , wood for 7 ( dry and good sized)plus tax.
    There is a group pavilion with table and a vending machine.
    A nice play ground, and open area to play catch.
    There is no pool, but they are within 5 miles of Newport beaches.

The staff was very nice and helpful, but not intrusive. We had a minor double charge( gave her two different credit cards) they made sure it was corrected.

This was a quick first trip of the season for us, We will definitely be back next year.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

That price for ice (standard in most places ) is the reason I invested in the portable Ice maker, all it takes is electricity and water poured in the tank and it makes up to 21 pounds of ice cubes a day. Some have said "it does not keep the ice" but that is what coolers are for. We love ours..

3. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Yeah I hate the price of ice, I freeze water bottles and line the cooler with them. Limits what I need for ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk