Nice find at harbor freight

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Mark60, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Mark60

Mark60 Member

I was walking through harbour freight and found some little light and bug zapper lights that were usb rechargeable. The top part is the lamp and bottom part is a bug zapper. I put 2- of these in the camper with just the bug zappers on at night and never seen a mosquito inside, another great feature is the purple glow of the bug zappers illuminated the interior white parts like a black light and made the coolest night lights. They sit on a flat surface and are about 2- times the size of a light bulb, evidentially they are a hot item as I had to go to 2- different stores to get 4 of them, they are around 15.00 bucks and last about 20 hours on a charge or with the light on low.

southern gal likes this.
  2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Mosquitoes are not attracted to bug zappers, just CO2 and body heat. It's beneficial insects that are attracted to bug zappers.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

Dang.

So what we really need is a bug zapper that emits CO2 and heat to zap them blood suckers. That's gonna cost a lot more than $15 a pop.

Rose Anne Anderson likes this.
  4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

They run on propane to generate CO2 and a little heat. The ones with UV lights, mosquitos may be attracted by the heat from the light, but are not attracted by the UV.
    https://www.bobvila.com/articles/best-mosquito-trap/

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  5. Mark60

Mark60 Member

All I can tell you is they worked, it had mosquitos listed on the box, 3- nights of camping and not 1 mosquito in the camper and trust me they were plenty outside, I was so impressed I went and bought 2- more and would of got more but they was out of them.

6. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I think I had one of those. But I divorced her in 1982! LOL

HamJam, etm63, rob.mwpropane and 2 others like this.
  7. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

I have two of these and while I thought the zapper would be a gimmick, I have the shrapnel carnage of many flying blood seekers that proves otherwise. The white light is quite bright, and was my main purchasing factor.
    Having a highwall, the ceiling lights and their power switches are a bit out of reach for my family. I found everyone grabbing for these zapper leds rather than performing acrobatic feats from the counters to reach the ceiling ones. They have my vote!!

8. Mark60

Mark60 Member

They work great and evidentially popular, they get gone fast from the stores

9. Rose Anne Anderson

Rose Anne Anderson New Member

WTH!!!?? I didn't know that! (I hate those "ankle biter" skeeters that took up residence in Southern California last year! :-(

10. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

You are correct of course, but you will see, if you haven't already that many here don't care about facts. They will just grab what they want to hear and ignore everything else.

11. Mark60

Mark60 Member

I think a president said he would follow the science, boy how people lie

12. Groomporter

Groomporter Well-Known Member

I picked up a couple too, mainly for the light, and especially the USB charging aspect to avoid having to stock as many spare batteries. (Figgered the bug zapper part was too small to do much anyway) I've been happy with them so far. Use them for a couple nights and then top them up with my Bluetti power station. I think the only question is how many recharging cycles will they last through in the long run.

13. Timmy V

Timmy V Member

Is this it?
    upload_2021-9-16_19-10-52.jpeg

14. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

Yes.