Night Light + Plug

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by chof2018, May 2, 2020.

1. chof2018

chof2018 New Member

Thinking about installing one of these in our pop up for the kids at night to be able to see. I think the type that is the outlet cover rather than just plug it into the socket. One less thing to deal with when packing down. Anyone did or something similar?

Attached Files:

2. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Your outlet only work when you are plugged into shore power. Do you boondock?

3. chof2018

chof2018 New Member

We don’t really boondock as a family. I use it as a hunting cabin sometimes but as a family we stay in modern sites.

4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

I've got one on the landing of the staircase. In the house, not the camper. It puts out a good bit of light and is not adjustable. It may be too much in a camper. Of course, there is always electrical tape to adjust brightness.

5. chof2018

chof2018 New Member

That’s what I was thinking, I was hoping it would be a little more tame since it was pointed down.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I just used a plug in night light. I also had the chepo battery stick on light switch. Then my daughter outgrew them. So we dont have anything now.

7. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Do you have standard household outlets in the PUP? These work by wings on the side screw, mostly, and must be screwed in like a household outlet cover. If you have RV type outlets, they have no center screw and probably no screws on the side for the wire.

Raycfe likes this.
  8. p

p Active Member

A led flashlight at low setting with only 1 bulb on lasts the entire summer. Cheap and effective. You can see a lot with it at night.

9. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

A cheap battery operated puck light will work. You can just stick it where you want it and not worry about it. And if you decide to dry camp, it will still work.

10. chof2018

chof2018 New Member

I stuck my head in the camper and you are correct it has the camper outlets.

generok likes this.
  11. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

THose battery candles last a while and give off just enough light.

I prefer the candle stick type that take 2 AA's, no flicker, and has lasted many many nights of camping!!

12. world traveler

world traveler Member

We use rechargeable lantern on nightlight setting at night. Not too bright even for light sensitive people.

13. kenquagliana

kenquagliana Member

We like the square LED flat style plug in’s. You can change the color to suit your preference. I always have one on. Very helpful for middle of the night bathroom trips. If no shore power, we use a flashlight or the pull cord type LED bulbs strung up above the dinette.