No bathroom? No problem!

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by dbhost, Mar 10, 2021.

1. mpma81

mpma81 New Member

Why all of the fancy stuff for pooping while boondocking? Personally, I don't want to worry about dumping a human poop tank. Our camper has a thetford cassette toilet in it, but really it's only the girls that use it, and for only #1. In the back country of Colorado, it is easy to find a spot to dig a serviceable latrine that will last a few days. I hate smelly campground pit toilets, and to me having a private outhouse, that I can gradually backfill with dirt over each #2 keeps it from stinking. I've been using this method for years and it works great!

[​IMG]+ upload_2021-8-13_14-38-8.jpeg +[​IMG]+[​IMG]

BBQdave and BillyMc like this.
  2. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I'm married. I like to be clean and comfortable. And have weight, back, and knee issues. Need I say more?

There was a day long ago in my past I would have simply pooped in a hole dug in the ground in the woods. I am no longer there.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    kitphantom likes this.
  3. mpma81

mpma81 New Member

I'm married with two daughters. The "potty tent" is far more luxurious than a simple hole in the woods!

4. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I'm a big guy, daily showers are an absolute must.

The flush toilet is my wifes insistance. I used a Luggable Loo decades before my wife insisted on having our own flushing toilet.

There are certainly cheaper options.