No clicking sound when raising the roof

Craig Corrigan

Jan 11, 2022
Buford, GA
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a user 2001 Coleman Sedona and there is no clicking sound when I raise the roof. The manual says to keep cranking after the roof is fully up to try and engage the gears and I have tried this a little to no avail. I am afraid to overcrank too much in fear of breaking something. Has anyone experienced something like this? I can raise and lower the roof with no problem so far, but I am just worried because it should make a clicking sound.

Tarkus

Aug 15, 2021
Casper, Wyoming
Mine did that for a couple of days. The clicking sound (like a ratchet of sorts) returned after up/down a few times. I think I will do the same watching a few videos.

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
I had this problem on our Taos. I don't know if they have the same mechanism. But I removed the lower cover and there is a clutch in there that may have loosened up. Or the return spring may be broken. Its been years since I repaired it I wish I could remember exactly how I fixed it.

Dugk44

Apr 17, 2022
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a user 2001 Coleman Sedona and there is no clicking sound when I raise the roof. The manual says to keep cranking after the roof is fully up to try and engage the gears and I have tried this a little to no avail. I am afraid to overcrank too much in fear of breaking something. Has anyone experienced something like this? I can raise and lower the roof with no problem so far, but I am just worried because it should make a clicking sound.
Not sure about your's, but i was having this same problem. On mine, 2006 fleetwood bayside, it started to click when i was about 6" from the top. After searching on here, i read a post from way back saying that the clutch "pressure plate" was stuck, and when all the way down, quarter turn counter-clockwise to try to unlock (or disengage) it. Tapping with a hammer, while holding a little pressure, if it doesn't work the first time... again, not sure if it's the same for your's, but free to try. It did work for me, hope it does for you as well.

Craig Corrigan

Jan 11, 2022
Buford, GA
Thanks everyone. Sounds like it is really not much of a problem after all. Heading out this weekend for weekend camping trip #2 for the year. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts