No gas to stove burners

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by HappyHarry, May 23, 2020.

1. HappyHarry

HappyHarry New Member

Hello: Have a 2010 Viking PUP and cannot get gas to the stove. Switched to another tank to see if that works.. no go. Have tried turning tank on and off, slowly,, then unhooking and rehooking with no success. Am stymied. Did not come with an owners manual when we purchased a few weeks ago. Can anyone offer some advice.... please
    Thank you, HappyHarry

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Do the tanks have fuel in them? - seen that before where troubleshooting on empty tanks. Turn the tanks off and let them sit for 5 - 10 minutes, to reset the safety. Then turn them on very slowly. You are trying to keep the broke line mechanism ball from seating. You are also trying to pressurize the system, to get gas to the stove. This can take a few minutes, since stove orifices are small.

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The stove is the simplest thing on your pup.
    Sounds like you are doing the correct things.
    Turn everything off ...... close tanks ...... disconnect tank ..... reconnect ......open valve just a little 5 times then slowly full on. Thats all there is. After that trace the piping and connections in case something is damaged or kinked. Last on the list is a bad Acme nut or regulator.

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

It takes a while for propane to charge the lines at the low pressure our pups use. It usually takes me a while to get everything working each season. I'll fire up the heater, then move to the stove and water heater, and then the outside stove connection.

5. kenquagliana

kenquagliana Member

Just spent a bunch of time troubleshooting my furnace.......it wouldn't ignite. Once I realized I had no gas to the LP stove as well, I "guessed" I had a bad regulator. That solved the problem!! Apparently they fail too!!!

kitphantom likes this.
  6. Jimbow

Jimbow Well-Known Member

Is there a shut off along the line? We had one under our sink.

7. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Shut cylinder valve. Take off big green ACME nut. With thumb sticking inside valve you should be able to push the mating surface in and it should spring out, if not screw on ACME nut very tight, remove and test the spring loaded mating surface moves with thumb. Once ya know it moves screw on ACME nut, turn on valve, turn on stove (all burners) with lighted stick lighter and watch the flame dance from air/propane coming out till it lights.

If the valve is opened without the ACME on right or not at all it pressurizes the gap between the valve and spring loaded mating surface, its warm here today so the pressure in that gap is over 100 psi on a small area that I can not move to release unless I screw on the ACME tight!

One safety feature is a melting disc that adds space so the ACME can push the mating surface open, it can rot or disintegrate and then you need a new ACME pigtail. Cuz when it melts the spring loaded mating surface pushes out and SHUTS the valve.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Not sure if this is the case on yours. My old Jayco had an inside/outside stove. Meaning you can move the inside stove outside by closing a gas valve and disconnecting the stove. Problem for me I always forgot to turn that dang valve back on. If your stove is not permanently mounted you may want to see if there is a valve that needs to be turned on by the stove.

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Look under the trailer.. my Palomino had individual shutoffs under the trailer where the appliances Tee'd off the mai line.