No guns, knives, or ball bats needed with this security item.

Discussion in 'Campsite Security & Safety' started by Mickeyrv, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Never worried about animals. Its the travel to and from.. So the answer is yes.

2. BushwickBill

BushwickBill Member

how about a mad moose or bear or mountain lion? those are the ones I think about. but the most dangerous animal is the human

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

If it hasn't been referenced yet, there have been a few murders in our National Parks here in VA. Just people hiking and camping. A couple over the years on the Appalachain Trail....

Camping wise, it would be nice to think that a nice crowded family campground would be the safest place on earth for your kid to run wild and be SAFE. It's just the opposite. Areas of crowds and chaos (even good chaos) are the perfect places for children to be abducted. You might not hear about it every day, but think about it......if no one "saw anything" when someone stole a child from their own front yard, what makes you think anyone would even notice, let alone do anything, at a campground, as long as it's not their kid??

ANYway, just some thoughts. [;)]

[:D]

4. Pop up Pooley

Pop up Pooley New Member

Last weekend (Labor Day Holiday) I took my 112 lb Rottie camping with me for her first time. I arrived on Thursday night and had the whole loop to myself. It kinda creeped me out after dark being the only one there - alone and female in a non-hard sided rig. The Rottie kept me up most of the night growling at every little noise she heard outside. Even with the lack of sleep, I was glad to have her with me cuz she is one bad a$$ girl when she wants to be. Textbook strong Rottie personality.
    As a side note - the same night I arrived was the night a man was reported missing near the campground I was at. Later a burned body was recovered....

Here she is, just lickin' her chops for any uninvited person to come near:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. turborich

turborich Active Member

Nothing better than guns and dogs! I love them both.

For the poster talking about the two snakes, they do make snake shot for 9mm guns, only problem may be that it won't cycle the slide properly so you may have to manually rack it after each shot. You can always get snake shot for a six shooter (no cycling needed)

I ALWAYS carry a firearm with me whether I drive to the local 7-11 or on a long trip. It's better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it! Been there before and not about to do it again. Just one word of advice, NEVER point a firearm or any other weapon at any person or any animal unless you intend on killing it. Just common sense.

Wasp spray may get you into a legal issue. I carry the strongest pepper spray that my local gun store sells and trust me, it works! Spray and then get away from the threat. Don't start beating them or wait to see what happens. Spray in the face and run from the danger. Get to a safe location and let the cops handle it.

Sumoman, although I do not belong or support the same party as you I surely wouldn't mind meeting some folks such as yourself who simply enjoy shooting guns. Life is to darn short to be bickering over politics. Heck I stopped watching the news and listening to political talk radio over a year ago and my quality of life has gotten better. In the end they are all thieves, liars and so on. [2C]

Oh and I agree about most campgrounds being full of great honest folks but there is always that chance of something happening at a campground, on the road, etc.

6. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

7. skiball

skiball New Member

I am on the right side of gun ownership and protection rights (if you know what I mean) and yes, I own an AR15 as well as other firearms. Wile camping I have slept with one under my pillow.
    I have never heard of using wasp spray to stop an attacker and do not know if some are immune to it's affects. I do however know that no one is immune to a piece of lead traveling at 4,000 ft. per second.
    I was brought up with guns, I was trained in the Army as a grunt and can be dead on accurate with any weapon in my arsonal.
    Also, I knew nothing about any rules against talking about firearms on this site. If there is a rule like this, I am offended by it. The rule not the guns talk.

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

skiball:
    From PopUpSteve, in the sticky post right above this thread:

9. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Active Member

Was there every any explanation on why your "not allowed" type the name of the president of the united states on this site?

10. Unstable_Tripod

No, I never found out why it turned into asterisks.

I just tried it again now and you can see what happened.

11. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Thats fitting [LOL] [:O]

12. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

I've had the same problem....regardless how I spell it....
    And I can under stand why certain subjects are off limits due to ....face it "stupid people"...on both side of whatever fence.
    I do want to thank Steve for the State conceal carry book link.

13. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Better to have a gun and never use it then one day not having it when you need it the most! So yes. I carry. To work. To grocery store,gas stations, and yes camping too! Just be aware of recipirtory. Transporting over state lines
    Until today i too was not aware of any anti gun treads here on the portal so my mistake not intended to offend anybody and i do repect management here

14. Unstable_Tripod

This is really weird.

Bill Clinton

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

George W. Bush

It doesn't do it with former presidents.

15. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Active Member

Self edit

16. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Just don't say Barack Obama! [8D]

17. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

Obama....had to try it!

18. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

19. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

hussein

f5moab likes this.
  20. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Vagov, I don't believe that its an "Anti-Gun" thing, But the fact its a heated topic that folks get carried away with in their passion of their believes...
    just like politics and religion.
    I will stand firm on my beliefs, But wont judge you on yours.
    We can get together around a campfire or at the range and discuss it further [:D]