No guns, knives, or ball bats needed with this security item.

Discussion in 'Campsite Security & Safety' started by Mickeyrv, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Thox Spuddy

Thox Spuddy Active Member

Whoever started the wasp spray myth as a defense should try it for themselves while under attack. This is totally debunked numerous times; countless Youtube demonstrations are about it. I accidentally sprayed myself with some wasp & hornet killer and it had virtually no discernible effect on me. Try your wasp spray on a chipmunk. A human attacker on drugs are known to be unaffected by gunshot wounds. Wasp spray will barely drop a bee, why would it work on a 270lb drug-intoxicated aggressor? Magic? If you don't want to use a gun there are numerous effective alternatives: stun guns, super bright flashlights, pepper spray, sirens. Pepper spray with a dye would be my number one choice.

2. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

I CARRY

NMroamer likes this.
  3. tdiller

tdiller Active Member

For everyone asking do they need defense while camping... In my youth our family was camping someplace in Indiana. We were all pretty much asleep when a scream arose in the campground. My father a firefighter/paramedic left the tent to see what was going on. Seems a guy somewhere else in the campground had killed his girlfriend and was still on the loose. I can recall the commotion as police and sheriffs and emts arrived. I don't think anyone slept anymore that night. I do recall that they captured the guy.

4. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I carry where I'm allowed.