No microwave or oven

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by Muller 5, Feb 4, 2019.

1. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

The Coleman camp ovens work well,but are small. I took an old cookie sheet and cut it down to fit inside oven. Now it’s much easier to bake cookies,biscuits,burritos,or what ever is needed.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

For most of us, just buying a small baking sheet is easier than cutting one down! I've seen those at Walmart, Target, etc.
    I was shopping at a restaurant supply company yesterday, and you might be surprised how much they have that would be useful for camping. They even had a griddle. with a removable handle, made in the USA, for use on a campfire or such. (We never have a campfire, so no use to me; we don't cook for larger groups anymore, except for a few pot lucks.)
    I also now have an Omnia stove top baker, and need to do more experimenting with it. I found recipes for things such as breakfast casseroles. For the most part, though, we just do easy meals while camping.

3. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Was just an old baking sheet I cut down. We weren’t using it,so rather than throwing it out,recycled it into a useable tool.

kitphantom likes this.
  4. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I have been digging into stove top use of a dutch oven, and this could also be a good alternative depending on your stove, and your DO...

5. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

We ended up bringing an electric skillet. Made scrambled eggs in it. Didn't manage to do all the prep I was planning...