No more camping - closed!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by TheBlurb, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Only problem with that os when the declare a state of emergency and only certian people are alowed to travel. Or when you try to go out of state to place that has a lock down. So just watch the rules where you are and where you go. Florida has a quarantine now for NY, NJ etc. For 2 weeks when entering the state. Not sure how that applies to driving.

silvermickey2002 likes this.
  2. James Rucker

James Rucker Active Member

We all hope!!

3. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

I think in these times we have to think of others and perhaps put camping on hold. We do not have boondocking here, but the act of travelling here is considered a risk of spreading the virus, I am not that concerned for myself but I fear for those that are not in great health or eldery and will not get through this, for a few months staying home I hope it increases the chance of some vunerable people surviving. Over here the next 2 weeks will be critical for our health service and I hope as many of us get out he other side safe and well. As they say there is always next year, happy camping[:D]

4. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Dcnr closed since the motorized dispersed. All that’s left is backpacking. I got 2 setups. Heavy tent ext frame or ultra light hammock ext frame.

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I can’t even take my kids on custody to my house with elderly parents. I have to shelter in place at ex wife’s lol.

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Here in Ontario pretty well everything is closed, including Ontario Provincial Parks which is the second largest part system in N America. :( Conservation areas are closed, not sure about private parks as we've rarely used them but I'd expect they're all closed as well. This situation isn't going away anytime soon, in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2020 camping season turns out to be a bust. :( Ironically I notice those advertising trailers for sale, both dealers and private sellers, still expect top dollar just as they always do every spring but I just don't see why anyone would entertain the idea of buying any type of camper considering the new world reality - not much point if you can't use it. [V]

Sjm9911 and James Rucker like this.
  7. James Rucker

8. James Rucker

We just bought ours two weeks ago. We're lucky here in NorCal. I can always find old logging roads leading to a landing even within sight of home. Completely isolated and self contained, but do I really want to. Everyone here kinda looks at everyone else as if we were all a Typhoid Mary, from a distance of course.

9. Toni Arnold

Toni Arnold Member

Most all camping closed here in Southern California too! My favorite beach spot just closed this week, the spots are 46 ft apart. I don't get it, I think camping is a great way to social distance and it gets you away from all of this craziness for a while!

Rik Peery and James Rucker like this.
  10. James Rucker

Go to the mountains, find an old logging or F.S. road, drive till you find your spot and commence camping. Tons of beautiful!!
    I was born in the Inland Empire, but my heart belongs to the mountains!✌

Toni Arnold likes this.
  11. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Yup....I have a site booked at Alice Lake in the later half of June...looks like the best case scenario for Social distancing to end is July? I hope not..it might look like camp driveway..

12. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

A LOT of the fed stuff closed (campgrounds, trailheads, and day use areas mostly) here in Oregon as of Monday and the State Marine Board closed a lot of stuff, namely rafting the Descartes and John Day Rivers. About all that’s left is dispersed boondock camping on USFS and BLM lands.

13. UKDiamond001

UKDiamond001 Active Member

Backyard camping for me, print off some photos to put in the windows. I now have a Ham Radio licence so I can tune in and pretend I'm somewhere else :)

14. Miamama1

Miamama1 New Member

Here in TX, we camped 2nd week of March at St Pk Lake Ray Roberts.

It may be closed by now though.

15. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

If you have kids, you know why campgrounds are closing… the kids all band together. Beyond awesome under normal conditions, but right now it's just an invitation to spread virus.

Childless folks can boondock, and that's pretty much it for now.

16. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

One of the campgrounds we go to in the fall in Amish country sent us an email. It states that they are not open for vacationing folks as the CG store, bathrooms and playground are closed. Only those with self contained RVs can camp there. So that counts us out!! We mostly use private CGs when we camp with the exception of National Parks. Even my wife said the other day that we might have to camp in the driveway to get away!!! [LOL]
    We are in northern NJ so, things are a bit real here being within commuting distance to NYC.

James Rucker likes this.
  17. James Rucker

Both glad and sad we moved from Philly to NorCal. I miss the east coast!!

18. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Camp Driveway is going to be the most popular "campsite" for the season this year. :sad: With this virus infection continuing to spread all around the world at alarming rates, with more & more businesses being forced by the govt to close, including many campgrounds here in Canada & the US, I'm surprised that some are still buying a camper with the expectation of actually using it this year. o_O I suppose it could make sense if one were buying an older camper and using this time to renovate it but buying a brand new one? ... hmmmm, not sure I get that. [?:~{]

19. jacinda

jacinda Member

Sadly many places were closed due to Covid-19[​IMG]

20. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Possibly some great deals out there?

James Rucker likes this.