No more stove, new faucet, add nuke box.

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by NismoGriff, Jul 14, 2012.

1. NismoGriff

NismoGriff New Member

Since we have never used the stove that was in our pup, we decided that having the counterspace would be better than the stove. Of course, when it comes t modding, things tend to snowball. Instead of just building a new countertop, I decided to add an old countertop microwave to the mix since it was sitting around the garage. Also, why not throw in a new faucet while I'm at it.

The old (which I redid when I bought the pup)

[​IMG]

Framework for new

[​IMG]

Progress.... (I didn't take any pics of the in between)

[​IMG]

Add nuke box

[​IMG]

Venting for nuke box (also one in the rear)

[​IMG]

Needs a door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed in pup

[​IMG]

In the end I decided to reinforce the framework of the lower cabinet so I would feel comfortable with it while traveling in the flipped over position. I'm doubting the nuke box will get much use, but it may come in handy and may help with resale value.

2. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Looks Great, Nice Mod [8D]

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Wow, you did a great job on that. [A]

It looks factory installed, we have a Niagara that also has a built in microwave and it really is nice to have when you do use it.

4. paledun

paledun New Member

NismoGriff, I have a 94 coachman the same size as yours but with a differnt floor plan. DW and I are planing on rebuilding ours this winter, we want to change the floor plan to the same style as yours. DW uses the galley but wants it bigger and your galley appears to be larger. I'm wondering if you have any more pics of the interior and/or the interior mods you have made. thank you

5. flash82

flash82 Member

Looks Great!!

6. DanielL

DanielL Member

Looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. NismoGriff

NismoGriff New Member

As far as the galley goes.... what you see is what you get, lol. There are only the two bench/storage areas on either side and then a small storage area/bunk end table I made. Originally there was an icebox, but the previous owner tore it out and had a dorm fridge sitting in it's place that blocked part of the doorway.

When I got it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Storage cabinet/bunk end table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other pics of makeover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just realized.... I don't think I have any pics of it actually completed. Maybe once I get this round of mods/maint done I'll take some "finished" pics [:D]

8. BigDan

BigDan A bad day camping beats a good day at work

i may regret reading this thread. i have all these ideas of stuff i want to do to the PUP but my DW does not want me to do to much to it since we just got it. i would like to do the hardwood floors and paint it to brighten it up.

9. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

WOW! You did a great job with your mods, well done!

10. NismoGriff

NismoGriff New Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I didn't really realize how much different it looks until I started looking at those old pics again. It was in pretty good shape to start with but [:(O] 80's style, lol.

BigDan, that is not hardwood flooring in my PUP, it's just a cheap piece of linoleum that I bought at Menards for $9.99 I used 3M Super 90 to glue it down. I think it took about an hour or so to do. Not including the quarter round moldings.

I went and bought some popcorn to test out the nuke box while I was flushing the water tank/lines this evening. Works good [:D]

So much more to do before we leave next Sunday.

11. campindaddy78

campindaddy78 Gone Camping &/or Hunting

I'm loving this mod. I do believe this will be done in my PUP as well. What size microwave did you install? How are you powering it? plug or direct install?

12. PDieter

PDieter Member

If I'm reading the photos right folks with that center table/seating configuration might find my table mod helpful in creating more galley counter space.
    [​IMG]

From my mod thread