No OEM curtains

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by PopUpJohnny, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PopUpJohnny

PopUpJohnny New Member

My NTU pup came with no OEM curtains or valances. Reel Nauti pointed this out to me. I have no idea how to attach new curtains, my wife is handy with a sewing machine but how do they hang, and on what hardware? The current curtains as hanging on parachute cord and hang way low and bind when I push the beds in. Any one have a close up picture of how the curtain attach?

2000 Colman Timberlake.

2. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

In that the wife is handy with a sewing machine gives you a leg up from the get-go!

There's a "railing" from where the curtains hang from. Some folks on the board here know where to buy the hardware that attaches to the curtains and slides in that railing. If no other Coleman owner comes forward to tell you where to get those items, buttons can be used, too. Simply find a button that fits the inside of the rail (a little wiggle room for the button to be sure), simply sew the buttons onto the curtains at different spaces (and the right height), slide them into the rail and your in business.

3. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Buttons!! Thanks, Fly. Such an obvious answer when someone asks the right question. [LOL]

4. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    They're not all the same, but my camper uses RV curtain tape. It's a little pricey, though at around $1 per foot. If it works, I like the button idea, too.

5. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

The perimeter of my roof has an attached track, and the tops of the curtains have the little slide tabs sewn into them. Remove one tiny screw on one end and remove for washing or whatever.

I've gotten really used to them.

[:D]

6. PopUpJohnny

PopUpJohnny New Member

I have taken a better look since I first posted. I do not think the button idea will work on our pup. The rail looks It would take this [​IMG] but not sure

7. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

This is probably a stupid question with an obvious answer, so forgive me... what does OEM mean? [:D]

8. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Original equipment manufacturer.

9. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Thanks FLY.. I learned something today! woo-hoo! [LOL]

10. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Don't know about your camper, but I'm guessing most are pretty much the same. With my previous Starcraft, the curtain rail (or tract), that the curtains hang, slide back and forth in, have a plastic curtain hanger that will fit into this tract, plus attaches to the curtains. To remove the curtains from the tract (or install into), there is a metal screw at each end of the tract that attaches to the wall of the camper, plus allows access into (or out of) the tract. Not much different then the awning tract on the outside of the camper. Anyway, the original curtain hangers would work best (think mine were square with an extension to attach to the curtain), however, finding a sized button that will slide into the tract will work, too, maybe just not as good! The problem with finding these OEM hangers is they are usually way over priced that make buttons a good alternative. Should say that someone posted on the board here awhile back about finding those curtain hangers on eBay priced near reasonable.

11. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

12. PopUpJohnny

PopUpJohnny New Member

My tracks do not have a place to put anything into. More like a I beam that something goes around rather than into like a button might. There is no "channel"

13. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    Unfortunately, there is no universal solution. There are several different methods used among the various manufacturers for attaching curtains.