No power from battery

Discussion in 'Power - Site Power/Batteries/Generators/Solar' started by Sokokis, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Sokokis

Sokokis New Member

Hi all -
    Set up in camp driveway to make sure everything is functioning properly and discovered that there is no power from the battery to the pup. Everything functions on shore power, the battery is fully charged, and the fuse that blows if the polarity is reversed on the converter is fine. Any ideas? I'm not great with electricity, so please use short words and simple terms! :)

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

One frequent issue is the cut-off switch that prevents power being on to the inside of the pup when it is shut. On our Cobalt, it is under the flip-over galley, and occasionally it is not switched when I flip the galley. (It has behaved better since DH made sure the wood pad that triggers it was even.)

The cut-off switch may be in a different place in our pup, it would be helpful if you would add your pup's make, model and year to your signature line. That way people may have a specific answer for your pup, especially if they have encountered the same issue.

Others have encountered connectors that have become unplugged, such as in wiring leading from bottom to roof, sometimes hidden between roof edge and tenting.

3. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

Taking a wild shot...did you flip your switches in your coverter box from ac to dc?

Campit

4. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Older converters required a manual switch but newer ones do that automatically.

There may be an in-line fuse in the positive battery cable. Check to see if one is there and if so, if it is intact or blown.

5. Sokokis

Sokokis New Member

Thanks for the help. I had missed one of the main fuses in my testing and of course that one was the culprit!

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Glad you got it fixed.