No sink - options

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by Clawhauser, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Clawhauser

Clawhauser New Member

Please forgive me if Plumbing is not the right place for this question. Our pup has the sink removed a few owners prior to us. I purchased a folding table camp sink for sites where we do have water hook-up. Unfortunately, most of our sites will not have the water hookup. I was wondering if anyone on here set up some type of manual or electric pump to use a camp sink? I. Not concerned about how to handle grey water - we got there down. I was just wondering if we could fill a container and pump it to the faucet some way?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Some will just put the container on the table and open the valve when needed. ( gravity feed) ypu coyld also use like a shower bag lifted in a tree of on the pup. They also sell battery powered showers. Or they have foot pump things. So really its up to what you want to spend, money and set up time.

3. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I had a popup with a broken tank once. We used Aquatainers over the sink. Added an airpot coffee dispenser thingy for hot/warm water and it's pretty close to civilized.

We did, however, still have a sink!

4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

We took our sink out of our camper. It is great and has been for 15 years. We have two dishpans for doing dishes, dump grey water where allowed. We keep a 7 gallon aquatainer on the end of the picnic table for water and fill as needed. It is actually much simpler than having water in the camper.

neighbormike and Susan Premo like this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We removed the sinks from both popups, they weren't large enough, and there wasn't enough space inside to make it worthwhile. We just continued to use our water jugs, heat water on the stove, and use two dishpans to wash dishes. We never even contemplated adding a pump to the mix.
    Our travel trailer does have a real fresh water tank (both pups has a 4-5 gallon jug under the counter), pump, hot water tank, gray water tank, and sink with a reasonable faucet (after we upgraded sink and added a high rise faucet). We still do dishes in the two dish pans. inside and out; usually we use a gray water pail when we do dishes outside, sometimes even inside, when we're trying to extend the waste tank capacity.. The sink still isn't useful for really washing dishes (it's a bar sink), although we do use it for food prep, washing up, etc.