Nobody Told Me.......

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by UKDiamond001, Jun 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. UKDiamond001

UKDiamond001 Active Member

That Rigour Mortise starts when you're still alive!
    Welcome to Old Age xx

2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I feel ya! I was moving so great for the past year when I started working out at the gym. But they've had to close for the past couple months. My joints are all getting stiff again. Never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait to start working out again.

UKDiamond001 and kitphantom like this.
  3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I was having this conversation over the fence with my neighbor the other day. Joints are still in decent shape, but I run out of gas a lot sooner than I used to.

UKDiamond001 likes this.
  4. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

8F6E7C89-621E-48CF-B428-2EA726581282.jpeg.jpg

Orchid, BigAl, kitphantom and 6 others like this.
  5. Kyle R Thorson

Kyle R Thorson Active Member

My wife thinks there is something wrong with me as many pops and cracks my body makes. I can't sneak up on anyone if I have been still for over a few minutes, lol.

UKDiamond001 and kcsa75 like this.
  6. UKDiamond001

UKDiamond001 Active Member

I offered to chase her round the bed...She reckons I've a better chance of catching cold!

Gaswiz69, kcsa75 and Twinmum like this.
  7. Toedtoes

When your parrot starts mimicking your grunts and groans, then you know you're old.

8. Twinmum

Twinmum Member

9. Twinmum

Twinmum Member

Love this! I have parolettes, they just squeak at me.

10. Toedtoes

I grew up with a scarlet macaw. One morning, my dad got up and came out to put his socks and shoes on. As he sat on his chair "oomphing" and "uumphing", the parrot sat in her cage repeating each and every one.

So far my parrots have not learned any grunts or groans living with me.

11. Twinmum

Twinmum Member

Lol! That’s so cute! I love birds! Before I had my two little terrors I had a lovebird, named Nico. I had never owned a bird, always dogs. I happened to be in a pet store, and we made eye contact from across the room, it was like a Sidney Sheldon novel! I had to have him/her. So knowing nothing about birds, I took this 6week little yellow puff ball home, along with all the accouterments necessary to keep him safe and happy. Boy was he spoilt! He did everything with me, hiking, biking, gardening, just hanging out, if he couldn’t come, I wasn’t going. When A few years later I inherited another lovebird named Peepers. Peepers had been passed around and ended up in a convalescent home where my mom worked. When I got him I vowed he’d never go to another home. He was the sweetest little guy you would ever meet. He/she would never bite, really a gem. Why anyone would get rid of him is a real mystery Yay! So now Nico had a friend, Ah, I mean nemesis. They detested each other when I was around, but if I walked into their room, they’d be sitting next to each other in the same cage!?!? They had 4 cages, two upstairs in their room, and two downstairs in the main living room where everyone hung out. None of the cages where ever closed, but they were always on me when I was home. Both were potty trained (yup it’s true). Peepers passes away 10 years later when he was 15, Nico passed away a few years later on his 17th birthday. Man are they missed. Sorry for the long post. I could go on about all the incredible antics, and how incredibly brilliant they were, but being a bird owner you already know! I have attached a few pix. The first one is Peepers, the next one is Nico and the last one a pic of our current little terrors Shyloh and Maverick The parolettes.

Attached Files:

Ruby Jean likes this.
  12. Toedtoes

Cute guys!

I just took my current bird out on a harness for the first time. It appeared I was killing her when I put it on her, but she didn't shut up talking the entire time we walked around the park. She sat on my shoulder the entire time and babbled away in my ear. My prior two parrots were anti-social grumpy old men parrots, so it's an adjustment with this one. The one I just lost, Dog-bird, loved to go camping, but was happy hanging out in his travel cage or backpack. We'll see how my new one takes to camping once we get back out there. She hasn't picked her screen name yet.

world traveler likes this.
  13. Twinmum

Twinmum Member

Oh wow, sooo sweet! Hahahah let me know when she’s picked one. I’m sure it’ll be creative! Yeah I had one of those harnesses for Nico, but he absolutely refused to wear it. Being a newbie bird owner (or should I say peasant, owned by my bird) I naïvely took him everywhere on my shoulder. He never tried to escape, but anything could have happened. I would never do that now. What kind of parrot do you have again? Any pix?

14. Toedtoes

This was Dog-bird:
    IMG_1078.jpg

He was a Mexican Red-Headed Amazon.

This is the new bird:
    IMG_20200530_130042_hdr.jpg

She is a Red Lored Amazon. She's 22yrs old. She took to me immediately - so much so, I didn't even have a choice as whether to bring her home. She demanded I take her. So far, she won't let anyone else touch her.

Kyle R Thorson likes this.
  15. Twinmum

Twinmum Member

Oh wow they’re both beautiful! They are REALLY smart bird. I wanted a bigger bird, but my husband complained how loud Nico was, so I ended up rescuing Shyloh and Maverick. That is such a great story, about your new little lady. So sweet! Even more so that she’s 28. They can take a very long time to warm up to anyone. Nico was like her. He was the Velcro bird, but only to me. He would literally chase everyone else away. If one of the kids or hubby even put their finger on my arm he would run over from my shoulder to “protect” me.

16. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Like the song says; "I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was."

17. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

As long as they mimmic your cuss words...lol