Noise LP Heater

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by AzDryHeatCamper, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

I dry camp in the winter, use the furnace, the solar panel has the battery charged in a couple of hours. I have 1 group 31 battery and a 100 watt solar panel. Even on an overcast day it has the battery back up by early afternoon . I do have to have a vent open because those that have or have had an Aliner are aware of condensation.

2. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

first of all I am a weight freak I haul no more than absolutely needed that's me if you want to haul a semiload of stuff that is you correct? I don't see a real problem how you camp and how I camp, I pull in the state park spend 8bux many times or the walmarts and spend nothing thats me correct?

My egg is going to be very tight this winter my A-Liner wasn't but in 20d wx and wind blowing 40mph we stayed comfy doing things my way once again no reflection on the ones that want luxury camping.

My style of camping refliects in the rest of my life we are very conservative with our money as my dad always said its not what you get its what you do with it after you get it. My son and his wife make way over 200k a year they are till paying on a house and building another fancier one in that 500k range. Now he is getting worried about selling the old one its a 300k nr. Houses in that range are hard to sell as he is finding out! I tried to offer my advice to him but of course he knows more than me but our house has been paid off for 20 years I can pay cash for one but it aint going to happen ever!

Saying that lets work on respect here what every your style of camping is good for you I expect the same from the ones trying to somehow create a situation of our methods of camping!

As for heat in our camper we use a wave 3 and will continue to crack our windows and not use up our battery!

3. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Uh... how does using my built-in furnace with a battery that I need anyway mean I'm suddenly glamping with a semi-load of crap?

I saw no disrespect here. Actually your comment " you are kidding yourself if you think you can run a furnace and blower off a battery!!" (with two '!!'s even) was about the closest thing. The rest of us told you that we do it all the time with no problems.

JPBar and crackerJack like this.
  4. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

IMO, means In My Opinion.
    Everyone has one, and this site is for sharing them.
    I shared my opinion with everyone. I did not chastise anyone for their's.

I have never heated my camper the way you do, so I can't state facts about that method. I can only make assumptions.
    You obviously have never heated your camper the way I do. You, however, made a claim as a fact that is false.

JPBar and tfischer like this.
  5. bob barnes

I have one small battery in my rig I don't keep 2 or 3 as I said I travel light . I know that battery will not run a furnace blower for very long so what exactly is wrong with my thinking or my post. My way your way doesn't mean either of us is wrong or right but respect to one another is important. I don't think Steve wants his site to turn into a facebook fiasco!

As Rodney said why cant we just get along!

6. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

Bob, I'm going to try to show you every respect I can here, so please read on with that in mind.

Context is decisive. Context decides how statements can be received, interpreted and reacted to. Sadly, distinctly clear context isn't always possible in this format of communication, the online forum. So when you made the statement:
    any intended context you may have had around that may not have made it through the way you may have intended. To me, and others it appears by the reaction it has received, it sounded more like an unequivocal statement that what was being suggested wasn't possible. There is abundant evidence to the contrary of that statement. Yes, there are limitations of how long one might be able to run a furnace off of battery power, but your statement didn't set parameters. Hence some of the responses that followed.

So we return to the context of how you received those responses, which seems to be that you are taking them as an attack - for lack of a better term - on your style of camping. I'm sure that's not the case, that they're intended to demean your camping style, but it's pretty clear that's how you're taking them.

So this is kind of a reminder for all of us, including me, that you can deliver a message with very few words. But chose your words carefully, because you can never be sure how they're going to be received.

Fbird, JPBar, tfischer and 1 other person like this.
  7. bob barnes

I make a comment an innocient one not to enrage anyone here I camp I heat my camper the way I want to-you are all allowed to do things your way. I heat my camper the way I want to-you heat your camper the way you want to.

Please read the reviews on the Wave 3 heaters almost everyone states these heaters must be ventilated not with your windows completely open as has been stated here and some of you are quite vocal in believeing that way. Unvented heaters are vented by cracking windows this is how it is done. Now those statement were made by people who have no unvented heaters and have no idea what they are talking about!

If you read those posts in opposition to unvented heaters there is a pretty good jab at me I do know what I am talking about I own 2 I run them when needed matter of fact I have one in my house. I have seen them in quite a few commercial places matter of fact I just saw one at t funeral home!

Saying that you are welcome to post anything opposing my viewpoints in a respectful manner I am open to debate but you and the rest please use your words carefully I will defend my statements just as I did. I am not a fool nor am I ignorant as some statements were made. Don't in your statements suggest I don't know what I am talking about!

As for running a furnace off a battery I told you my method camping a small battery for lights that is it I am a boonedocker I will not attempt to run a furnace off any battery I am not hauling it around I am not buying solar i do not watch tv i do not juse a dvd I am going to run my house my way. you can go to all that if you want I am happy for you I am a camper not a work camper! Big difference! i am not going to be up all hours of the night worrying about a battery if this is for you and your life i say good for you i respect your right to do this. Big difference don't try to change my way!

8. tfischer

Nobody is trying to change you, Bob. In the future, try to not make all-encompassing statements like “you have to be kidding yourself if...” and then people will be less likely to respond

crackerJack, Douggro and JPBar like this.
  9. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

Again, that context was established post-facto of your original controversy-creating statement. Completely different story if that had been established as part of the statement, ya' know?

To expand on what tfischer said, nobody is trying to tell you that how you camp and get your heat is somehow wrong, because it's your choice of how to do that. C'est la vie, to each their own. :)

10. bob barnes

I see said the blind man when I read opposing statement almost to the belittling stage I will post my opposing thoughts. In case it is hard for some of you to understand many of us dry camp or boondock using either a mr. buddy or a waver 3 or 6 or 8 depending on the size of their rigs. Please read the reviews and rules using these heaters if you are not capable of reading those and following instructions please please do not buy one! You will be dead!

When someone posts oh you will have to open your windows all the way so whats the point they have no concept of a unvented heater and yes you will get a heated response! I boondock or dry camp I do not carry a big battery or a huge battery bank i do not use solar I dont want the work! I have found what works for me and it works. What works for you and your way if fine with me but please
    allow me to state mine with trying to make yourself an expert!

that is that!

bob

11. crackerJack

Again......
    I, personally, don't like your method. I have never tried it. I Never said it doesn't work. I just don't like the idea. Hey, I also don't like peas with dinner. Not saying you have to not like them too.

You, however, judged my method and said it would NOT work. I would be KIDDING myself if it worked. Such a Crazy idea.
    Concerning the issue of RV furnaces and batteries, you were mistaken.

I can help you understand if your interested. I don't need a huge battery bank, I don't need solar, and it's not a lot of work. It is as simple as adjusting a thermostat.

JPBar and tfischer like this.
  12. crackerJack

All I's and ME's. Nothing about telling You what to do.

13. crackerJack

All YOU's. Plenty of telling me what I can and can't do.

14. tfischer

I have a group 24 battery which is the smallest people typically use to run a camper. It powers my heater just fine. For all I know Bob may be using a bunch of D-cells in a series and can't expend that much power. But for most people, if you have a battery on your camper, you can use it to power a furnace.

Note that I did NOT say that "you MUST user it" or "If you use an unvented heater, you are camping the wrong way" Nor did I say "I use my built-in furnace and therefore I'm a glamper who brings along every conceivable luxury in a semi truck".

Now can we stop beating the dead horse?

-Tim

P.S. Bob - you mentioned in another thread that you were banned from another camping forum. This sort of constant last-word-ism and becoming offended when people challenge the facts of what you posted, just might be why.

JPBar and crackerJack like this.
  15. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

16. bob barnes

Yes quitting a dead horse you make a statement sort of belittling me then you wonder why I react. Yes I got thrown off a board those same people including you tried to get me thrown off another but it didn't work. I know because I got emails and notes from the mods who in the end understood what had happened and supported me. It was quite interesting in that fiasco one of the ring leaders came to my house, ate my food, petted up on my dog and went back and knifed me! I will never understand people and their motives!

Why cant you get it in your head we are all entitled to run our camping routine the way we want! I certainly have no problem with the way your run yours! Does this make sense even to you?

I also have the right to state how I camp and my support of my methods which work for me proven up by other posts and reviews of these products written plainly so you can understand it.

Yes lets quit beating the old horse to death. Now you can post and have the last word because I am not posting on this subject again! This will probably make the other members happy!

bob

17. tfischer

What in the bloody heck are you talking about? I didn't try to get you booted from anywhere. I only know of you from your posts here.

You are starting to sound delusional.

18. tfischer

As do we, Bob, as do we. You claimed one cannot run a vented heater on a battery. This was clearly false. We called you on it. You are still reacting badly over it and claiming we are cutting down your camping style, which we are not.

Move on.

19. crackerJack

Classic case of; make an attacking statement, then act like the victim, instead of apologizing.

20. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

At this point, I'm only here for the popcorn. [REDC]

tfischer likes this.