Norfolk Little Creek Amphibious Base

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by Jack Sprat, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

45 campsites. Full hookups. Incl. Cable TV. Near to VA Bch ocean front. Near to Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. This is an on base facility. Rules for eligible Veterans have changed. More vets are now eligible.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Good info, I was stationed at Little creek years ago.Thanks for sharing the info

3. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

4. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member

Also Damn Neck has beach beach camping, and NAS Oceana have camp grounds. All in Tide Water area.

5. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

This is only my option as a disabled VET. I was very excited about be able to use DOD campground; because our DD is a lifer in the navy and it would be nice to camp at the base.

The vet extension to use campgrounds, golf courses, and other dod facilities was ordered to start January 2020, but its went on hold in late November 2019. DOD said it is not ready and it will take time to set up the systems. Lets face it, what general want to share their golf courses with a bunch of vets???? Don't look for it anytime soon. Its been over 15 years since DOD was ordered and giving a deadline to be able to account for funds spent. If its not in DOD interest they don't do it.

nineoaks2004 likes this.