North Carolina Camping Crap

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Mickeyrv, Jun 26, 2013.

1. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

It may very by park. But our experience near cary/apex we would not go there again. Now out west where we don't care about the gates being locked because were not visiting familty in the area. It would be different, but clearly they did tell us they would tow.

2. rebrev

rebrev New Member

AS of this past summer, all NC State park campgrounds are to give any camper who asks the code for the gate. I've never had a problem and no it is official policy per one of the park superintendents. Happy Camping!

3. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

The state parks around here (Raleigh area) don't have a gate code. They are padlocked. However, one of our local parks experimented this summer with staying open an hour later, and opening an hour earlier. Another one no longer closes at all. They keep the gates open all the time.

I think this is the trend for NC parks.

4. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I think all-in-all it's a good rule to lock the gates around 9:30 if you are around a large populated area like a college town. It stop one person from renting a CS and all there friends coming out to visit and party all night long.

But on the other hand I have had those trips from hell where we were planning to get into the CS at 5PM but has problems, etc. and ended up getting in at 9-10. I would be very pissed to get there and find the gate locked.

But I can not say that I have had much issue at CG's in my 30 years of camping that don't have locked gates at night, excep by a college town. So, all-in-all what's the point???? Do they just want to be a PIA.