Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Orchid, Nov 2, 2016.
had a great time SHFL did a very good job getting all together will watch for next rally
Well we are not home but have arrived at our next stop....a hasty dash to get the TV set up to watch the race...only missed the 1st 19 laps.
We had a great time, met some fine folks, and do hope we have the chance to cross paths again some day.
It took us a while to get home, but we didn't leave until the cleaning crew threw us out....
Home at about 6.30, just about dark, so we towed in under the carport, and pulled out the perishables and the laundry... then showers, dinner and falling down asleep...
Quote of the day: "It's hard work having so much fun"
It was good to meet everyone, and I want add a vote of thanks to SHFL for organising the pot luck... but that does mean you have a job for life....
As promised, here are a few pictures from our rally. As I reflect on the weekend I have many happy memories. (They are in no particular order...)
1. I had a GREAT time!
2. My friend and her kids had a wonderful first camping experience.
3. Making new camping friends (I know, the grammar is not parallel in structure!)
4. At the end of the each day I could relax by the fire. Thank you Wayne in Florida, WeRJulIan, and yetavon -- two (of many) things I don't do well are backing in and starting wood fires. Sharing your campfires was fun! As most of you saw, I have no trouble starting grease fires. And I had a pull-thru site, so no backing for me!
5. My DD loved spending time with your pets (Lily, Chance, and Squeak), and you know who her favorite was!
6. Everyone cam together for us to have a fantastic pot luck. There was no shortage of tables, or TASTY FOOD. It looked like rain might threaten, and we didn't want to utter the word -- but the skies cleared for a wonderfully cool afternoon.
7. Yetavon sharing his banjo with my DD.
8. Tasting fresh chicken and mountain an breakfast.
9. Learning what it is like to be a weary traveler, and how a welcome really is welcoming.
10. Seeing the kids sitting and playing together, making new friends.
11. That Orchid got some really AWESOME door prizes! (and got something for everyone). And I got a pillow -- someone (who will remain unnamed, but lives out of state) tossed one into my camper. Thank you . !
The list could go on, but I mus stop now, attach a few pictures, and go back to sleep.
Thanks to you all! And until we meet again, wishing you all continued blessings!
Us too. Thanks to everyone for a great time, the kids had a lot of fun.
Absolutely lovely group! I can't wait for next year's rally so I can meet everyone.
You did such a fantastic job, SHFL! Even had a sign for the photo! This rally was always meant to be your baby!
I'm sad that I missed, but thankful you were there and already had everything under control.
I am attaching the group picture from the rally.
A PM was sent with the code-name list -- I think I got most of the right.
Enjoy your week!
SHFL, absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for doing this! You are the best Wagonmaster.
Can't wait to be in this photo next year. I really want to be a part of this awesome group.
OK, SHFL, you're a teacher, aren't you...?
Thanks. I didn't come up with this idea -- I was in a summer program back in 1979' and they did this for our group picture.
I hope to see you next year!
WeRJulIan -- How could you tell?
THIS does not surprise me one bit!
You still get credit for remembering and knowing how to do it.
I should have guessed you were a teacher. You keep track of chaos flawlessly.
Unfortunately, that turned out to be Chance's last camping trip. He had a good time, in a dignified and elderly fashion, but he wat least 15 years old, and time finally caught up with him in the early hours of this morning. .. So now he's gone to join the unruly mob of all my other dogs, at the Rainbow Bridge. Going to be quite a ruckus when I finally get there. ..
Ian, the man from Scotland
WeRJulIan, we are so sorry for your loss. We are glad we had an opportunity to spend a little time with him.
Sue and I are so sorry to hear of your loss. Glad he had a full life and is at peace with all his mates. Lead on Chance!!!!
WeRJulIan, please accept my heartfelt condolences.
Rest in Peace, Chance.
So, when's the next one?
We have a new hybrid to try out...
Two weeks in WNC at the Sewer....Congrads on the new canvas
WeRJulIan -- congrats on your new camper!
Congrats on the new camper, WeRJuliIan!
Spent this weekend camping in my daughter's hybrid and must say it was really nice! If I had a higher tow capacity, I may be tempted.