NorthBend park (Buggs Island/Kerr Lake) this past weekend.....

andleton

"Happy Campers"
Aug 31, 2009
Roanoke Rapids, NC
This was a great weekend of camping at Northbend. It was so beautiful. I wish the trip would have last longer. I had to leave the family on Sunday due to having to work Monday. But the hubby and daughter stayed until Monday afternoon. We were able to have a site beside of a close friend of the hubby. The guys had not saw each other is years, so it was great. Lots of old stories being told about there days camping at the park when they were kids. We got to see some raccoons playing in the woods, even thing one of them wandered into our site and took the flashlight the hubby left on the table...hahaha... It was a much needed trip that of course didn't last long enough, but they never do. It was a great Father's day gift also, what better to give than a trip camping at your favorite place. The hubby has been camping at Northbend since he was 6weeks old, so the place holds many memories for him.

Here are some pictures of the trip......

IMG_6097.jpg

The family playing in the lake.....

IMG_6101.jpg

The hubby....

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

IMG_6081.jpg

Beautiful sunrise...

IMG_6078.jpg

Father and daughter
IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

Old friends..
IMG_6123.jpg

andleton

"Happy Campers"
Aug 31, 2009
Roanoke Rapids, NC
sandmangw said:
Love NB. What site were you on?

We were in site 97B.. B is the area my hubby grew up camping in. We have camped in C and D also. Going in Sept and will be in D. I like the fact that they have put in more sites with the power and water..