Not a Mod, but a favorite tool...

Kardolf

Aug 21, 2012
Been a solid Leatherman user for almost 30 years. PST, Micras, Waves (both old and new), Squirt, Juice, and a Style CS. I carry my new Wave almost religiously, and I use it for both work and pleasure. There are very few things that I have encountered in my life that have given as good a return on my investment. I have warranty-returned a couple of blades over the years, but only because I really abused the tools.

As long as Leatherman continues to stand behind their products, I will continue to buy them and use them.

TentOnWheelsTX

Jul 30, 2012
I'm just getting into them, but can see how you'd quickly fall in love with the brand - great quality, decent price, extremely useful in everyday applications. Like I mentioned in my blog, I use my boyfriend's full-sized Leatherman all-the-time and decided I wanted my own.

No turning back now - Swiss Army ain't got nothin' on Leatherman!

supham

Aug 14, 2012
My dad found a tool kit for my house. I hated it. I don't like my tools to be that organized. I have bucket of tools I keep organized with certain tools in it.

So this just collected dust. I put it in the pop-up and now I have a nice small set of tools for campground repair:

uy66l.jpg

TentOnWheelsTX

Jul 30, 2012
supham - I totally understand! buying tools is a personal thing - kinda like, well, bras and underwear!! So glad your Dad's gift is getting use in the camper - and I'd bet its already come in handy a few times.

bondebond

Super Active Member
Aug 14, 2008
My Leatherman Wave (original) goes with me on every camping trip and elsewhere, too. It is indispensable simply because it is always at my side whatever I am doing, and covers a large portion of what I might need at any given time. I do have a real tool kit in the storage compartment, but then I'd have to walk over to it. I'm too lazy.

RotnMom

Am I there yet?
Apr 4, 2011
With DH being a helo mechanic, he gets regular visits from the Snap-On man! Until I was satisfied, I met them every Wednesday to pick out my own tools! The mini drill/screwdriver (hot pink too) is a life saver for me with my arms getting weaker. I can do all sort of fixes with that bugger. I have a couple different sizes Leatherman also, one here one there, one in the camper.

Since DH gets nervous when I carry knives [}:)], he's gotten me quite a few medium and small sized multi tools to appease me. My little Guppie multi tool is great and has a SHARP knife on it, then there's my baby Kershaw knife, and lastly my Kommer Fulcrum knife (from SnapOn). That's just in my PURSE!!! [LOL] [LOL]

I quit carrying the switchblade because, well, it's illegal. [;)] And I'm a good girl! [LOL] [LOL]

[:D]

PeterP

Sep 25, 2007
I love Leatherman, have a couple of them. Tough, useful tools and they stand behind their product.

BigBaron

Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...
Jun 21, 2012
Mini leatherman on keychain for 20 years, big leatherman in glove box for who knows how long... Use 'em all the time.

Kardolf

Aug 21, 2012
Bondebond,

I totally agree with the lazy comment. I will often have the "right" tool just a little reach away, but usually reach for my belt first. Unless I totally know that the Leatherman is just going to be painful, like removing screws from a network rack or something.

Tonimus

Jul 11, 2012
I carry a Gerber Suspension. I love the handle shape when using the pliers. I've also been eyeballing the Gerber Artifact...