Not even through the first wave.. NY imposing new travel restrictions..

Discussion in 'RV Industry & Camping Related News' started by Spridle, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Spridle

Spridle Well-Known Member

2. BigAl

BigAl Member

I bet we'll see more of these in the coming months. Planning on staying in-state this summer, and hope my revised plans don't get changed again.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Yeah i don't plan on leaving the state either this year.I suspect we are going to see many swings of COVID cases both good and bad through the rest of this year. I'm just glad I have a toilet in my camper as I don't trust public restrooms.

friartuck and Spridle like this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

We're seeing an uptick in cases here also again. It's going to be a bit of a roller coaster for a year at least as the virus gains and loses hold and people stop paying attention.

Fortunately, when it finally stops being an impediment, travel will be affordable as business tries to get people moving again.

BigAl likes this.
  5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Work has us in a continued work from home situation through the end of the year. Cases have been steadily rising in TX, and the governor just told everybody to stay home, but we are still reopening the state! We just canceled our Disney California vacation that was planned for October, everything this summer was already canceled. We are just going to stay home and make the best of it. With immune issues in our family it just isn't worth the risk.

friartuck and Toedtoes like this.
  6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

[::)]

7. Spridle

I am definitely questioning the Green Mountains trip we are trying to put together.
    Oregon Inlet is taking reservations in OBX, which has become our big yearly trip. I'd like to make reservations in the hopes that by August it's calming down, but my wife is somewhat terrified to do the OBX trip this year and I don't blame her.

I've been on a bunch of construction sites the past few weeks and nobody is doing anything for protection. ZERO. I figure I have way more exposure there than any camping trip I could possibly come up with. The difference is, I need to keep the customers happy, camping is optional.

8. zak99b5

zak99b5 Active Member

I live in Upstate NY, and our numbers have been steadily dropping for weeks. Positive test results are at about .5% (down from 10% initially), and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm thinking some states started opening up a little too early. Though no fan of Cuomo, I have to admit he seems to have gotten this mostly right--nursing home policies notwithstanding.

kcsa75 likes this.
  9. Spridle

I just got notice today that Watkins Glen has now pushed the IMSA race forward to September 3rd. Not quite sure what the thinking is there, but I'm still betting on that getting cancelled before it's all said and done.