Not something you normally see in the campground.

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
We were at Silver Springs, Florida last year. Coming back from the springs, there was a sign at the gate that said "Controlled Burn Tomorrow". It was coming right beside the campground. Nope, we're out of there. Left a day early and came home.

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
During my Great GPS Adventure, I ended up spending the night at this little lake. There was a large trailer there, but never saw a person. I had hoped to talk with them for directions.

Early in the morning, about 7 am, I heard a loud engine outside. It was a road grader, he came to grade the road from the lake. I ran out to ask him how the heck to get back on a main road. Fortunately, I was able to talk to him - otherwise I was going to follow his route - which was a very steep grade and "not recommended". He turned me around to a nice flat route on pavement out.

Sometimes seeing those things are good... ;)

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Well as the saying goes "stuff happens" and sometimes it is not good, but having portable units we have the option to leave for other areas that are peaceful, quiet and not "stinky" :)

Toxictom

Aug 18, 2016
We were camping at a primitive site next to a lake last weekend. Around 5:30am I was awoken by a backup alarm so I rolled over and unzipped the window to see what the heck was going on. A water truck was backing up to the lake to fill up. I immediately figured this guy was watering recently hydroseeded areas along the highway. Rolled over and fell asleep again. He returned about 90 minutes later to refill. I was up by then so went over and started talking to him. He said he's been pissing off campers all summer long because he starts so early. He said one guy staying in a tent got up one morning and just started reaming him. He said he tried to reason with the guy but the guy just kept cussing at him and eventually went back inside his tent. Then he told me he "accidently" overfilled his truck and damned if all that water didn't start flowing right towards the guys tent. I offered him a cup of coffee and decided it might be best not to irritate him. LOL

MOSCDENC

Aug 23, 2018
Wilmington, NC
Recent cabin vacation featured power line clearing crews right cutting and mulching limbs outside the cabin for two days and all along the narrow road in and out the whole week. One day my usually laid back mother seemed irritated at it, so I had to reminder her that this might be vacation for us, but to the rest of the world it is just Tuesday.