November 2019 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Nov 1, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Seems like we're fully into fall here in NM. Record (or close to) lows, the northern mountains and into Colorado, as well as farther north, are getting snow.
    No time yet today to do anything for the TT, except be happy it's home after a week in the shop, for siding repair.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Lost power at house last night. Had breakfast in camper

Sjm9911 and kitphantom like this.
  3. kitphantom

I turned on the fridge, which I meant to do as soon as we parked it at home yesterday, so we can move the condiments and staples back there until after Thanksgiving, when we'll use them up in the house over the winter. That will free up space inside the house fridges.
    Changed out a full LP tank for the empty one. Lit the stove, it took 2 full matches to get the air out of the lines.
    Lubed the locking cables for the batteries and LP tanks, one was stubborn about unlocking to change the LP today. The key slot faces up, so I guess it collects rain and grit, but we can't figure out how to easily remedy that.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Replacing the old worn out tow chains with tow cables. Then getting all new tires. Already got The Cat in Training's canned food dish and harness/leash and tie out. Then I should be ready for Death Valley!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Had the HVAC folks over to replace the downstairs furnace at FAR Manor. I showed the crew chief the fried capacitor from the Starflyer, and he's looking for a replacement.

Daughter in law's family has some holiday trips planned, so I hope Mason and I at least can join them for a weekend. I definitely need to get a better electric space heater, though. The Starflyer has no furnace.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Drained all the water out of the camper, pumped pink stuff in the lines , removed thea anoide rod (shot ). And bought a water tank flusher

Sjm9911 and kitphantom like this.
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Installed the new tow cables today. Look good!

Removed the anti sway system - yeah, I really hated it.

Replaced the windshield wipers on the Durango.

Just a bit of putting things away, filling water, and getting the tires and we're reading to roll!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. RobertZ

RobertZ New Member

Replaced the electric brakes and drums, packed the bearings, and replaced the rear trailer brake wires that had chaffed and were causing the brakes to only work intermittently on our HW. Really easy two hour job while watching college football.

Next up is replacing the 7 prong plug and some poor 12V wiring from the factory or PO.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. Jaycojoeheritage

Jaycojoeheritage New Member

Winterized... now waiting for spring.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Put her to bed for the winter. Tanks cleaned, pink stuff in, battery maintainer on, emptied of all non-essential stuff.

11. Ironmonger

Ironmonger New Member

Replaced ratty wiring & 3- way connector with new 7- pin with junction box.

12. andosfauxtos

andosfauxtos Member

Replaced the tires, cleaned up the storage box, started prepping for our second trip in the PUP next weekend!

13. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

gotta admit. Kinda jealous. I’m winterized and officially done for the season.

14. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Cleaned out the refridge, mopped the floor, winterized, checked furnace and made bed to get ready for heading out Thursday for a long weekend. :D

kitphantom, Strawhouse and vagov like this.
  15. fredhead

fredhead Member

Changed to a digital thermostat for the furnace and tested said furnace. New thermostat can be hung from the inside roof rail. Added a gauge to the propane tank. Got it all loaded up (TV too) and ready for Veterans Day weekend, final trip of the season.

kitphantom likes this.
  16. Jwwiff

Jwwiff New Member

Did our last camping trip this last weekend in Arkansas and put the camper away for the Winter :( ... Put the pink stuff in the tank and pumped it through the system, took out all of the things that might attract mice and put in cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil, made a list of things to be done next Spring (check wheel bearings, electric brakes, safety chains, etc.).

17. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Took off the spare tire, cut off the rear bumper and slid the pup into the garage for the winter.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  18. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Active Member

Just ordered one of those Chinese diesel heaters to fit in the pup

19. kitphantom

We used the compressor to blow out the lines in camper today; we had drained them before it went to the shop last month. We did not put antifreeze in the lines yet, since we have a trip to Tucson in a couple of weeks. We did add pink to the sink p-trap, and seal conditioner to the toilet. Put the electric radiator in there, set on very low, so that the water pump does not freeze - we opened the access hatch so it's easier for heat to get there - it's about 2' from the radiator.
    While we were putting the blow out adapter on the city water intake, the light was at a good angle to see just how limed up the screen on it was. We have a filter on the water hose to prevent sediment getting there when we use city water, but most of the water we encounter is very hard. It was probably a good third clogged, which would explain why I though we had low city water pressure on the last trip.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Added a 12v USB and cigarette lighter plug. Installed 2 new batteries. Winterized the water systems, then we went out camping for 5 days, re-winterized. Headed out on 11/18 for 23 days, so we will winterize at least for the 3rd time. Will bring everything to winterize on the road if needed?

Hope to install a new 60W 12v heater for the pump area so it does not freeze when traveling. Also, im planning to add a tv antenna before our trip. GK's love to watch TV.