November 2020 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Econ

Econ Well-Known Member

Took it on a trip and fed it 120 VAC and chlorinated water for the first time since 2018. DW wanted electric heat and I enjoyed the 25% off for an old goat. Walked to the bathhouse in shower shoes with frost on the grass.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 3:28 PM
  2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Not much for ours. I emailed the detailing business we've been using, since it would be good to have a professional job done before covering it for the winter. I'm not sure whether they're allowed to operate under the "Reset", i.e. shut down, that we're under until at least Nov. 30. So far, no response.

3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Took it to the local CAT scale to weigh it.

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Pulled the plug, pulled the battery, covered it up and put it to bed for the winter. :-(

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I've seen you mention detailing before. What do they do when you have the camper detailed?

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

They give it a good washing and polishing, and we have them treat the roof as well. I can't do that type of task anymore, and Courtenay has plenty of other tasks to keep him busy, so we splurge and have them detail the camper and truck 2 or 3 times a year. One nice thing with the place we've been using is that they bring their own treated water. With the hard water we have, that eliminates hard water spots.
    We still haven't had a response to my email, so we may have to give it a wash ourselves, I can help with washing. We still have the roof cleaner and treatment, Courtenay did it once before we began to use this business.

kcsa75 likes this.
  7. Indiobravo

Indiobravo Member

i got a water filter, wheel chocks, stab pads, outside table, gravity chairs, and light/bug zapper combo.
    and a reservation at Myrtle Beach Campground for the first week in December.

:)