Now a happy owner (long story)

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by aslag, May 22, 2017.

1. aslag

aslag Pacific Northwest

Last Summer I sold the popup and traveled on a 2400 mile round trip to purchase the only new Trailmanor I could find in the western USA. This was a new 2015 Trailmanor 2720QD, the first alarm in my head should have been why is a 2015 model still available. Well after driving that far and having to wait over 6 hours in the dealers office (another alarm should have gone off with the long wait) the dealer actually put us up in a motel for the night so they could finish whatever they were doing to it. I didn't do a very thorough PDI, I was excited and just wanted this trailer, after driving that far I couldn't go home empty handed. My nightmare had begun. Halfway home the trailer starts to fall apart, I contact the dealer and was told don't worry the dealer in my home state will take care of everything. We get home and the dealer near me won't touch it because they feel there's so many things wrong with it the factory should buy it back. They also tell me the factory is in financial trouble and isn't reimbursing them for warranty work anyway. They do arrange for the factory to come get it and the factory does refuse to buy it back. It stayed at the factory for 2 months and is returned with the 2 major flaws corrected but many others still exist plus some new damage. The factory promises to come back in 4 weeks to pick it up and complete the repairs. Three months go by with numerous promises from the factory that they'll come, they never come. We ended up driving another 2400 mile round trip to the selling dealer and asked for them to buy it back they said no that's between me and the factory and the factory is broke, so it stays there for repairs. Two months later the selling dealer says the repairs are complete so we again drive the 1200 miles down there to pick it up. We take it about 200 mile away and live in it for a week finding it still has many issues and return it to the dealer. He says he'll fix it up, this time I told him they owe me for my trip and ask him to provide delivery when it's done, he said that might be possible. Another 3 months go by I call the dealer, repairs are not quite complete, he states there was a problem getting parts but the parts are on the way. I said how much would you give me for trade, he said pick something he has in stock and we'll make a deal. I picked a 2017 KZ Connect C241RLK and we did a straight across trade. Of course we had to drive another 2400 mile round trip but I'm completely happy with the deal and feel fortunate we only loss time and about 6K. It could have been way worse, I don't think I could have gotten anywhere near the trade in value anywhere else. In the 11 months we owned the Trailmanor it was only in our possession for 4 months and we drove over 10,000 miles dealing with the sale and repairs.
    So a couple of warnings, Trailmanor is probably on the verge of bankruptcy and is the worst company I've ever had to deal with and I was dealing with the owners. None of this would have happened if I'd only kept my popup. So think twice before you move to the "dark side".

IMG_0752.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad to hear you're on the verge of a happy(ish) ending. Hope you enjoy the Connect!

3. 64osby

64osby Member

I like the Trail Manor's, nice design. I considered getting a used one, but after reading all the issues posted on the web that the company is having, steering clear of them was our choice.

Glad you were able to move on to a camper you can use. Just cost a little time and money.

Hoping you have a great time in your new TT.

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Or do your homework, not only on floorplans, models etc but also on the manufacture..

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Wow never realized trail manors were such a problem. I was looking for a used one myself, but was very particular about what I was looking for, and never found one. Sounds like that was a good thing as I'm already having trouble finding a shop willing to work on my popup.

6. aslag

aslag Pacific Northwest

I thought I had done my homework, Trailmanors were rated above average in construction and customer satisfaction but that was before they moved. In early 2015 Trailmanor moved from Tennessee to Nebraska, apparently the new owner thought the employees would move with the company, they didn't and they've been struggling ever since. I figure I got one of the first made by the inexperience and poorly trained workers. So glad that nightmare is over.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Glad everything is good now.... BTW we want more pics of the new rig ...