NTU '94 Jayco

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by MaterRaider, Oct 30, 2019.

1. MaterRaider

MaterRaider New Member

After a few years of casually talking about getting a camper, the wife and I took a deep dive and impulsively bought ourselves a NTU 1994 Jayco Eagle KB 12. The pictures in the listing showed that some "updates" had been done and some time was put into it. I went a saw it in person and knowing it wasn't completely our style made the decision to take her home to show the family. After taking a look in person it was decided we would like to make it more our own.

I inspected the best I could and knew some work was needed, mostly the roof needed to be sealed. The previous owner had started work on the center seam and claimed that there were no leaks. The canvas appeared to be in pretty decent shape as well. Mostly she would need some cosmetic touch ups and a rubberized coating to the roof. Now, she did have new radial tires (500 miles on them) and also had the cable system redone. She had roof top AC and indoor shower/toilet and all works well. I'm not sure if I overpaid or not (based off others seen on Craigslist or FB Marketplace) but I did get it for less than what the cable repairs cost (was given receipts) so that's a win to me.

Now if anyone can provide more information on this model, I would greatly appreciate it. I wish I could find a sales brochure, but google is failing me. Most of what I can find has the teal color scheme and also the u-shaped couch which I do not have.

This project is just getting started and hopefully posting here will keep me driven. The following pictures are from the listing as well as when we first brought her home.

Attached Files:

TrdComa, megcabra and hq308 like this.
  2. MaterRaider

MaterRaider New Member

After more thought and a more thorough look over we have a little more of a project then we first thought. Overall, she is in really good shape but we are seriously considering replacing the canvas. We also need to do something about the AC roof supports...not a fan of tbe 2x4's. The floor is sound, no noticable issues with the roof structure and there may be a small soft spot in one rear corner but haven't dug deep on it. The door is definitely water damaged and going to be rebuilt.

Not sure of our design direction just yet, but most cabinets have already been removed and work will be starting soon. I have plenty of ideas, just have to find time to do the work. I'll post more progress pics as it happens. I'll take any tips or ideas for upgrades or improvements. We have bought new vinyl flooring and we want to use the original cushions (at least partially) to keep some of the original look and history.

More to come!

Attached Files:

TrdComa and hq308 like this.
  3. MaterRaider

MaterRaider New Member

A few more...

Attached Files:

hq308 likes this.
  4. TrdComa

TrdComa New Member

Looks like a fun project. I have a 97 Jayco Eagle 8 ST that I'm trying to get around to restoring. When I got it I emailed Jayco to see what I might be able to find out about it. They were great and emailed me a sales pamphlet for the 1997 models and the manual for mine. Try emailing them, hopefully they'll have those for yours. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

MaterRaider likes this.
  5. MaterRaider

MaterRaider New Member

Thanks! I thought about emailing them but wasn't sure of it would receive a response. I'll give it a shot.

TrdComa likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Just take your time on repairs, take pictures and draw diagrams so you can remember how everything goes back. This will give you the chance to "make it your own" Good Luck witht he project and Happy camping