NY / Adirondacks - anyone stay at Blue Jay Campsite?

Discussion in 'New York' started by NH-popper, Oct 13, 2010.

1. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here or looked at this campground?

http://www.bluejaycampsite.com/

We're thinking of spending time in the ADK's this summer.

Thanks! :)

2. SkamperCampers

SkamperCampers New Member

Sorry. We did spend some time at Cranberry Lake SP this year though and I would highly recommend trying this park out!!!

3. 2girls1boy

2girls1boy New Member

We love the ADKS!!!!!!!! It is our #1 place to go by far. I'm pretty sure we've driven past that cg but didn't stop in. Honestly unless you are in need of hook-ups I would recommend the state parks in the Adirondacks. There are a ton of them, and the sites are generally speaking larger, further apart, and less money.
    There are soo monay parks up there that its easiest to narrow it down by region and then get recommendations in that area. We enjoy the southwest region, near friends and lots of cg's. Plus its still a beautiful day drive to lots of attractions, natural and tourist.

4. NH-popper

I agree the state parks were nice when we just tent camped, but now that we have the PUP, we want hookups. :)

5. redjacket

redjacket In memory of Nick Dilal, Sr. 1931-2005

The Adirondacks is my favorite place in the world. We usually stay in Old Forge or Lake George but I actually did look at this Blue Jay place earlier this year to get ideas for something different. It seems like a nice small family place, if I remember correctly. I don't know much about Tupper lake, I was there when I was small and have no memory of it. I think I can safely say you'll probably enjoy pretty much anywhere in the ADKS.

6. NH-popper

Thanks for the feedback! I'll add this place to the list of places I want to go to in the future. It looks like it'll be a 2012 trip given the distance and that it'll be multiple days hookups will be required for us. :)