NY - Iroquois Campground, Peru NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by bknjohnson, Jul 10, 2016.

1. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

Friendly staff, one brief exception, you'll trust me that my folded up paperwork in my hand is proof of our pets vaccinations and won't even look at them, but you'll tell my 19 year old daughter that you don't believe she's really 19 and only allowed her in the pool area with my wife just to be nice (two adults 18 and older must be in the pool area since they don't have a lifeguard). I wasn't there so I don't know if this was said in jest or not, but seriously if you're that concerned there are friendly ways to ask for an ID just to be sure. Hey we get it, you've got to be careful about liability and it's a brand new pool.

Our two sites were both pull through, we were allowed to pull in from either direction so we were able to set up both campers facing each other for the long weekend. That was nice. No problems with the wifi at all.

25 cents for a six minute shower only two of the three showers were working in the men's room. Could use some more lighting in there. Not the worst bath house we've ever seen but could use some cleaning and sprucing up.

Wood delivered to the site, we bought two bundles and since our campfires are not usually hours long, we had plenty.

Lots of permanent sites although there were other PUPs scattered about.

Not sure we'll get back to this area of upstate NY again for quite awhile, but we'd consider staying here again.