NY - Lake George Area - King Phillips Campground

Discussion in 'New York' started by mschepac, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

http://www.kingphillipscampground.com/
    We went to King Phillips for a week long trip last week. We really liked it. As prices go for the end of July they are reasonable in the $50 range. Full hookups. Our site (m6) had 50 and 30 amp as well as a convenience outlet. Our site was shaded in the rear of the campground. The sites up front near the pool are in the sun. As for campground activities, they usually have something on the weekends. Lake George is about a mile or so from the campground. There is a Wally world about 5 miles or so away as well as shopping outlets. There is also a Great Adventure about 5 miles away. The sites are cleaned before your arrival and the bathrooms were spotless. Friendly staff. The camp store was small, but well stocked. $2 for ice. No trash pickup, but the dumpsters were easily accessible on the way out. We went to Adirondack Adventures http://adkadventures.com/ and did some white water rafting (About 40 mins away). Had a blast. We also went to VT for some zip lining (about an hour and a half away). Also great fun.
    All in all a nice little campground. Would definitely recommend.

P.S. If you go, be sure to hit Martha's Dandee Creme. Monster Sundae's!

2. PoppedUp

PoppedUp Member

Martha's is a must when going to Lake George! So good.

3. B.T.Brews

B.T.Brews New Member

Thanks for the review. We were thinking about hitting up King Phillips over Columbus day weekend.

4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

You said no trash pick up. Do some campgrounds have a trash pick up? Do you leave your trash out like at home on trash day? All the campgrounds that I have ever seen only had dumpsters.

5. n2cruzn

n2cruzn New Member

i went tent camping there. the sites were real close to each other. every thing else was ok. i love a and w rootbeer stand nearby

6. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Recently stayed at the mystic ct Koa. This were is first saw this.every morning just leave the thrash in front of site and a guy comes and picks it .he comes around a few times .
    First for me

I thinking for the usual friends trip next June end to here. The one camping trip without the kids just friends and their s/o