OCD Leveling

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by Sandman51, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Coat the board with grip paint, or use a peice of rubber in between. Rubber is probably the best option.

BillyMc and DiamondGirl like this.
  2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I've had to raise one side of my camper more than the Anderson leveler can accommodate. The Bal goes a bit higher, unless you have a wee tire.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Yeah... I did put some anti-slip tape on the Anderson Leveler but I only had marginal success. The Anderson is so slick that the tape started to slide off. And now you have arrived and surpassed the point of defeating the whole purpose of the Andersen leveler - simple and easy leveling. Trying to modify the Anderson just complicates it. May as well just use leveling boards. Now I'm back to where I started.

4. Sjm9911

I wouldnt use tape. The glue is the weak point. Spray can of grip, or hard rubber matt. I did sink a little once, but so did all the stabilizers. It wasnt bad. If I camped in those places all the time, i would just get a hard rubber matt for like the gyms. Just lay it down , then put the levelers. My TT is dule axel, so I cant use a bal. The pup was much lighter. I never had a problem.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  5. BikeNFish

I would think that if the tape comes right off, so will anything you spray onto it.

6. Sjm9911

Its a spray grip, it lasts a while, it does ware off. I used it on rentals I had when people said the stairs were to slippery. It works. Alternatively, sand and expoxy paint. After it cures it will not come off. Depends on what you want.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  7. BikeNFish

And if I paint a turd gold, it's still a turd. Just sayin'.

8. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

the rubber coating on the curve wedge I posted earlier was the deciding factor for me. I haven't had any slippage on hard surfaces, but I have had issues with wheels, wedges, lynx, and stabs sinking into soft fields while camping..

DiamondGirl likes this.
  9. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

I've used them on top of Lynx blocks with no issues one time at a site that needed more lift than the Andersen allowed for.

DiamondGirl and BikeNFish like this.
  10. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Dig a bit of a hole for the wheel on the other side. Sometimes I just dig the hole for the high side, and thats all thats required, no lynx needed on the other side.

11. Sjm9911

But its gold now[:D]

DiamondGirl and BikeNFish like this.
  12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Somewhere I have a picture from one of our Ontario Summer Rallies, of T'N'T trying to level their TT using the Anderson Levelers on wet ground (we are talking soaked by multiple weeks of rain, wet ground). if the Andersons weren't just sliding along the grass, they were just sinking. In the end, they had to borrow 3 bags of my lynx Levelers to use under the Andersons Levelers ..

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

So somehow the Bal is immune from sinking into saturated muddy ground? I doubt it lol.

Use what works for you, but I've been very happy with the Andersen.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  14. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

I used Liquid Nails to glue 60- grid sandpaper to both sides of the boards that use for levelling. Only becasue sometimes a situation on one side of the camper is vertically challenged.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  15. Sjm9911

I always have extra blocks of wood and legos. You never know when there needed.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  16. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

If you're in a campground--even an unpaved rough unlevel one--please don't dig holes in the parking area. :)

17. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ

I used the Camco Slip Pad for my Andersen leveler. It helps from slipping. I’ve used my Andersen on additional block levelers. Sometimes you need more height like at my last trip to the lake. 1.5-2ft higher. BAL wouldn’t work at that height or weight and the Lynx levelers would sink into the sand. Our camping neighbor dug the opposite side tire to level his TT and was stuck in the dirt when trying to leave.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Slippi...E,B0024E6QX0,B07PDHQ1HT,B00HJ6O4A0,B0000AXQU2

@Sjm9911… I’ll tell DH to spray it with grip paint before our next trip to the lake. All our other camping spots don’t require much but the Andersen. There’s rarely any grass camping sites in AZ.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

18. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

I bet your site is better. Mine is mostly on dirt and grass, and it's not the front yard or on a golf course. Unless your staying at a "resort" most are not concrete or gravel pads where I am. So yes, I do have a curved leveler when applicable, but the bal always works, and has as close to infinite adjustability without other variables.

Snow likes this.
  19. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

It has happened. Only because the area was so overgrown, it was either have a tree branch rubbing up against the canvas when the wind blew or move over a foot. Moving over the foot had someone's I got stuck so I spun the tire divot. A good site is a good site, but as my trips are often last minute I take what I can get.

20. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

People do this?