October 2018 - what did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Rock

John Rock Member

Sorry to hear that. I would have seriously considered taking the pup south instead...

2. DJFav

DJFav Member

Tucked her in for winter. Popped up, cleaned, organized, placed Fresh Cab strategically, put on cover and tire covers. Sad.

3. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

We were out camping for 19 nights starting in late Sept and got back on 10/15 traveled 2,800 miles.

Came back and made 3 fixes of things that broke or needed adjusted. washed camper, cleaned inside. Hoping to get out 2 more times. PIA putting it away for the winter each time. But you have to love it when you head out.

Also installed self adjusting brakes, had wheels balanced, re-packed bearing, and installed a jack extension.

Planing on one or two more trips.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Sjm9911 and DJFav like this.
  4. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Hang in there Wrenchgear!

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Thanks, doing my best.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Wrenchgear

Yeah, would love to go south for the winter, but it's just not in the cards. Thanks though, I'll land on my feet somehow.

7. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Hoping the best for you, Wrenchgear!!

Filled my water tank & water heater. Topped off my propane tanks, restocked shelves & fridge and made a big ol' pot of chili... getting ready for Wednesday night - my last planned trip of the season....

8. Wrenchgear

Thanks Mike

9. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Wow Wrenchgear sorry to hear about losing your job. Hope things get better soon.

Last weekend we went camping and it rained on us for a little while. The pup and gear were dry when put away but a little muddy so opened it up today and gave everything a good cleaning. Also did some minor repairs, screen door latch, reattach the bracket that holds the canvas to the roof that came loose. Added a rod under the front bunk to hang towels on to dry.also while it was open measured for new curtains and material to reupholster the dinette cushions. The Pup is 13 yrs old and needs some sprucing up.

10. Wrenchgear

Thanks, things will turn out ok, they always do.

tenttrailer and Bowman3d like this.
  11. RH428WF

RH428WF New Member

20181021_133034.jpg 20181021_183134.jpg My Coleman Sequoia had the 1 7/8 hitch. My other trailers are 2". I cut off the 1 7/8 and welded a new 2" hitch.

12. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

After operating the gennies for 9 days straight during the power outage from Michael I changed the oil in both of them, cleaned the air filters and cleaned the outside, I also gave the unit a good inside cleaning , washed the linen and put it back into the TT.
    I also installed the new electric hatch that broke , installed the new 3" black tank valve as the old one was getting to stiff to open. With the CW $15.00 off certificate I only paid about 1/2 cost. Pebbles and I are ready for the next trip as soon as my fav. State Park re-opens for camping.

13. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Looks good and a lot safer too. I changed all my trailers etc here on the farm to 2" awhile back, mainly for safety reasons as I tend to haul heavy loads at times. Except the TT which uses a 2 5/16 ball

RH428WF likes this.
  14. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I added the RV anti freeze and removed both bunkend canvas's, curtains, cushions and mattress's. All are getting cleaned/repaired/covered. I will not be losing any sleep over the mice eating anything this winter!

15. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Set my hitch wrench on top of my propane tanks and hit the road... currently camping (sans wrench [:(!]). Managed to unhook my sway bars - will figure something out to hook back up on Monday... in the meantime, TWO new wrenches are on their way to my home (courtesy of Amazon). I may paint them neon pink! Live & learn, right??

16. cyclop5

cyclop5 Member

packed her up for the winter. sad trombones :(

fourhallatts likes this.
  17. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

Ditto

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We still have one more trip, to Tucson at Thanksgiving, so no trombones here, yet.
    Haven't done much for the camper this month. Did a quick unload after the Grand Canyon trip at the beginning of the month. I was only home for two days before leaving for Ohio, without the TT. Got back from that trip Monday - much as I missed having the TT at times, it was easier without it. Fewer fuel stops (24-25 mpg much of the time versus 10-13 or so towing), and huge construction delays which would have been horrible with the trailer.
    Ordered replacement LED lamp for the refrigerator today, replaced a few things we'd borrowed from the camper for the trip, and have a stack of some smaller ones so they don't get sucked into the house supplies.
    We're starting to plot out next year's trips, since we'll make reservations for most, 6 months or more in advance.

19. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

last camping trip was october 19-21 at Yogi bear campground in Mill Run Pa, a bit cold , with Rain most of the weekend with periods of hail, and yes snow, about 1/2 inch . now the camper sits cleaned out and empty waiting to go underground in November for it,s winter hibernation until spring

20. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Stored it yesterday afternoon. :( It is now safely tucked away inside an airplane hanger in Western Wisconsin surrounded by a 25 foot motor home, a 23 foot boat, a 29 foot travel trailer and some zero turn lawn mowers. The pup also is within talking distance of a 1962 Mercury Meteor if he chooses to strike up a conversation. Oddly enough, the airplane hangar contains no airplanes.

Earlier in the month I added the dryer sheets. Yesterday, inside the pup, I placed a couple of containers of DampRid, added a load of peppermint oil to the bowl of cotton balls, place a bowl of moth balls and set a mousetrap that will hopefully never be sprung. (Can you tell I'm paranoid about mice??)

I am trying the mothballs and DampRid for the first time. I've never had a problem with mice or moisture before, but I figured WTH. Why not! I'll update everyone in the spring on the smell of the mothballs in the cushions and the effectiveness of the DampRid.

EDIT: I also removed the group 24 battery to be stored in the basement with his group 27 battery big brothers from the boat and the two batteries we run the CPAP's off of.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Sjm9911 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.