October 2022 - what did you do for your camper?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
For many, this is the beginning of the end of camping season, so time to do whatever form of winterizing is needed. Time to begin the monthly battery charge reminders for those who need it.
Still warm here, our next trip isn't until Thanskgiving week, so we'lll be keeping tabs on whether we have to blow out the water lines at some point, we seldom have to pink the system until after that trip.

We have a box of things ordered during and after our September trip. A couple can just get stashed (10' hose, Hydroflush). The new water pump is here, Courtenay is trying to figure out an easier way to install it, since this seems to be a semi-regular need. The pump is under the fridge, sort of next to the convertor, so not easy to work on, and not other location that will work.

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
What did I do for my camper this month? Well, maybe I'm just being silly. But about all I did was hook it up to the truck and towed it around town for 30 minutes just to remember what it was like on the last camping trip. While doing so, I did find a couple of small problems. My right stop light was not working. It turned out to be just a dirty connection at the bulb. Easy fix! I also took the time to shorten the lanyard on the break-away switch and test the brakes. I was thinking about going out on an overnight camp-out just a few miles up the road, but the cost of gas has gone back up to $5.86 a gallon. I just don't want to spend the money to fill the tank right now just to sleep in the camper for a night. Just 3 weeks ago the cost of gas here was $4.89 a gallon.

coyotepixel

Mar 29, 2022
Portland, Oregon
Still getting my 2001 Viking 2107 ready for it's first trip... maybe up to Mt. Rainier next weekend.
Tested the heater this AM. Works great!
Put red duct tape on my various cranks so that they are more visible after use and not left behind.
Had a couple of places where the vinyl tent had torn away at the bottom. I hand stitched webbing used for rock climbing to the edge of the vinyl, leaving a small piece to screw (stainless) to the frame.
The plastic corner pieces on top of the box had deteriorated. Got some rubber sheets, cut to size and used contact cement to secure and cover.
Today... new springs! Unfortunately, have to fold everything up, get it off of the levelers and move it slightly in order to access the wheels and such. IMG_3401.jpg IMG_3398.jpg IMG_3399.jpg IMG_3400.jpg IMG_3396.jpg IMG_3403.jpg

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
I actually carry two sets of hand cranks. One manual winch crank is stored inside of the camper, and the other manual crank I use for the first two inches of lowing the top. After that I use a cordless drill for raising and lowing the top. I always like to be prepared.

Luvoutdoors

Aug 21, 2022
My first fall/winter with my pup. Really hoped to do one last cold weather camp. Over the winter I'm planning to recover the cushions and replace the curtains. I'm told it may be a good idea to paint the wood under the beds as well to protect from the weather.

Susan Premo

Super Active Member
Nov 5, 2020
Minnesota
My first fall/winter with my pup. Really hoped to do one last cold weather camp. Over the winter I'm planning to recover the cushions and replace the curtains. I'm told it may be a good idea to paint the wood under the beds as well to protect from the weather.
I'm going to redo curtains as well, I took them down, now they're up north and I'm down south, and we're going camping one more time. Oh well, hope nobody is too close by!

tzmartin

Not here for a long time but here for a good time!
Sep 9, 2015
Clayton, Georgia
cut out a section of deteriorating aluminum on my coleman roof with my dremel and then put bondo down. Sanded and painted with henry's roof coating. getting ready for Disney next weekend!

hotrodcamper

Super Active Member
Nov 3, 2012
Found someone on Marketplace,that had a 30amp surge protector. Made the deal on that,and he asked if I was looking for anything else. Told me he had,a new unused awning mat,water pressure regulator,and a set of unused leveling blocks all for $160.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Inside cleaned out. All fresh water drained and water lines and traps filled with the pink stuff, ordered some dicor roof sealant. Coming from Amazon, hopefully next weekend Recoating the roof, granted it stays above 50 in the day , otherwise. The roof may have to wait until spring … then a good exterior Wash, winter cover goes on. After that

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
I actually carry two sets of hand cranks. One manual winch crank is stored inside of the camper, and the other manual crank I use for the first two inches of lowing the top. After that I use a cordless drill for raising and lowing the top. I always like to be prepared.
Been meaning to order a second set as a backup our main lift crank has a crack running though it I have been to lazy to attempt to fix.......

LlamaLlama

Sep 1, 2022
Southern California
What did I do for my camper this month? Well, maybe I'm just being silly. But about all I did was hook it up to the truck and towed it around town for 30 minutes just to remember what it was like on the last camping trip. While doing so, I did find a couple of small problems. My right stop light was not working. It turned out to be just a dirty connection at the bulb. Easy fix! I also took the time to shorten the lanyard on the break-away switch and test the brakes. I was thinking about going out on an overnight camp-out just a few miles up the road, but the cost of gas has gone back up to $5.86 a gallon. I just don't want to spend the money to fill the tank right now just to sleep in the camper for a night. Just 3 weeks ago the cost of gas here was $4.89 a gallon.
I watched the prices go up in the past week too! Went from $5.09 to 5.89 in a week! Same old excuses, "Refineries down, switch from summer blend to winter blend, etc." I have two camping trips in October already planned and paid for. Going to enjoy them, and hope prices go down again.

Tiki-Dan

Jul 20, 2019
Down here in Florida.. camping season is just getting started! I spent the weekend fixing some odds and ends and installing new RGB LEDs for the ambiance. Tonight I’m replacing the DC converter’s fan. The factory fan had some bad bearings to I got a Noctua Redux fan to replace it. The fan barely runs so it should be fine not putting out as many CFMs.

Attachments

• 7CC4A3D7-CB80-42E7-8943-6918DBBF3834.jpeg
    7CC4A3D7-CB80-42E7-8943-6918DBBF3834.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 3BDFAABC-91E3-43E6-A524-54B719C2BCCB.jpeg
    3BDFAABC-91E3-43E6-A524-54B719C2BCCB.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 30

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
Down here in Florida.. camping season is just getting started! I spent the weekend fixing some odds and ends and installing new RGB LEDs for the ambiance. Tonight I’m replacing the DC converter’s fan. The factory fan had some bad bearings to I got a Noctua Redux fan to replace it. The fan barely runs so it should be fine not putting out as many CFMs.
OMG don't post that here!!! My wife will want that in our camper next! LoL