off road trailer build

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by oldskool, Jan 27, 2010.

1. oldskool

oldskool New Member

[​IMG]
    Ok got the first good coat of primer and sealer on it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that start of the floor
    [​IMG]

2. oldskool

oldskool New Member

[;)]
    [​IMG]
    some water protection and color
    [​IMG]
    loved how this stuff performed on a job I did for a dear friend ..and she let me have the left overs { Thank you Pam }
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and now the popup on top .....ooh yaaa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the back deck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some front shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. oldskool

oldskool New Member

:) :) Went to the junk yard sat. brought home my new. baby Wooo Hoooo !!!!
    [​IMG]
    This was a all niter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OMG it worked !!
    [​IMG]
    some loading to see dial in the TW ..Tiff has known that something is going on, now she has found a spot so she isnt left behind .
    [​IMG]
    pickin out some lites for inside
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lets go!!!
    [​IMG]
    had to order some rams with 2in bs ....5x4.5 w 2in bs
    http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/1305/BART-7%22-MEDIUM-WEIGHT-BLACK-WHEELS

4. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! [:O] AMAZING JOB!!! And I love all the pics too. I wish I had half of you knowlege and talent. Keep up the good work!
    PAT

5. SUPERKSR

SUPERKSR Member

WOW! I love to build stuff, but this project trumps just about anything I've ever built. Nice work. Keep the photos coming, they truly are worth a thousand words.

6. oldskool

oldskool New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    coolers full of water
    [​IMG]
    the sliders work wonderful
    [​IMG]
    my 30x 9.5 BFGs
    [​IMG]

7. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Great build! What are you planning on enclosing the lower half of the trailer with?

8. Atoyot1031

Atoyot1031 New Member

Nice work!

I'm building an off-road popup as well. My thread is in the camper restoration section.

Nice rig as well. I sold my minitruck last year, as I just didn't have enough seats in it for everybody. [:(] But I've got a decent 80 series on 37s. [;)]

I see yer from Mo. I grew up in the STL area. I went back a couple years ago, and took the Cruiser to Flat Nasty. It was fun.

You should make it out to Cruise Moab and we can compare campers side by side. [:D]

9. oldskool

oldskool New Member

Thank You PATMD very much and the offer sounds wonderful . I have always wanted an off road trailer , but the cost for what I needed was too much . And with Matt who by the way worked @ a trailer shop and has seen the bottom of one or two trailers . Has for sure made it alot easier .
    Thank you SUPERKSR very much for the kind words . The UPS truck dropped off my new rims today and with the add of some dish soap the rubber had a new home [ sorry no photos today ] BUT THEY LOOOK GOOOOD !!! I will get some in the morning .
    Thank You dusty82
    You mean the basement !!! I have a storage place bigger then the camper . That could be a basement . Well that is still up in the air but will have to know by the weekend .
    That is cool I will look for it Atoyot1031 and Thank you , I love my toyota as I need not tell you go anywhere anytime ...love those 80s
    Very Big Yes Flat Nasty is the bomb the owner Ron couldn't be any cooler .
    That is the plan load up and drive to some breath taken spots , meet new people , wheel some hard core trails ...lovein and livein life ...

10. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

very impressive oldskool ! I like the idea of open storage, maybe just put in some quick release drop bars or lock rails to keep stuff from sliding around or out the side....

that box you bead blasted looks very similar to our demo/blasting boxxes we use at work. I have one I use as a safe cabinet at home.

11. oldskool

oldskool New Member

Thank You 01YZF, Yes that is in the planin I dont need things going through the sides of the trailer AND OUT ON THE TRAIL ! .....I thought the same thing that it may be a blasting box or something .

12. BoatCamp

BoatCamp Enjoy!

Now i see what you've done. [:O]
    That looks cool. Obviously there was lots of work. But I'm sure you going to get all of that effort back as you you it.
    Congratulations [!]

13. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

I'd need a lot more than something to keep stuff in the basement - I'd need it completely covered. The dust is intense out here in the desert, and even though our favorite campsite is only a total of 18 miles away, by the time I got there with everything open like that, it would all have an even 1/4" thick coating of brown alkali dust. [V] [:(!] [V]

14. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

Thats quite a build. Great job!!!

15. Xolthrax

Xolthrax Franconia, Pa.

Franconia, Pa. Butter capital of the East
    That is a hall of fame mod if ever I saw one! (or is that 'haul' of fame?)

My friend and I have been toying with the idea of a serious chuckwagon for a while. You have given me some great ideas.

16. oldskool

oldskool New Member

Thank you Xolthrax and Left Coast Pup it has been a blast buildin her .....Dusty82 no it will have sides and sealed the best that can be done anyway. doors and all the works I have been keeping the little things in my head and working things out as I go .
    It will be fixed to pull in all kinds of weather as we camp the coldest days of the year and I may need to pull her through water.... so SHE shell be ready to camp at all times ........ [ hook and book ]
    well after fitin the 30s and gettin the tape out at was a thought to go bigger so I looked around and found another friend that had some 32s muds and I had to fit em up
    matt cleanin the new set up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these will be the ribs for the sides also any large items will have another brace to make sure everything stays where at belongs
    [​IMG]
    slider is now fully welded
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a place for lights on the inside for when its dark . these 3 will work off the 2 middle doors pen switch's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the very front storage and very back storage will have lights with switch's on them .
    [​IMG]
    the inside offset
    [​IMG]
    need to pick up some 22ga. steel for the sides to pop rivet too.

17. oldskool

oldskool New Member

I must tell you this is PG due to the F word at the start but its a small thing a friend was playin with
    http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/inittowinit1/video/?action=view&current=NewMovie.flv

18. ranger guy

ranger guy New Member

can`t wait to see that upgade completed looking good so far good look and happy trails!!

19. Atoyot1031

Atoyot1031 New Member

32s...

better, closer, warmer... [:D]

20. zjrog

zjrog Member

Very interesting take on an offroad trailer... Minivan rear axles are pretty useful!