Off the ground and now on wheels!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CampAndPaddle, May 10, 2015.

1. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

Good Evening everyone. My name is Simon and I have been camping with my wife and daughter for about 10 years now. Until now, we have always been tent campers, but this past week, we finally upgraded to a pop up. Long story short, we searched Craigslist and found a dealer that had a listing near our work. We went to check it out and it was way out of price range, but they also had one that caught our attention. It's a 1992 Coleman Destiny Royale. It's had one owner and is in near new condition. The price was shockingly low for the condition it was in, so we jumped on it. That was Tuesday. I took my SUV and picked it up Wednesday. Now it is set up in the driveway and we have it all furnished with our gear and have a campsite reserved for this next weekend to try it out. We are so glad to finally be in a pop up and who knows, maybe someday we will upgrade again.

I can't wait to learn from all of you here. Glad I found this forum.

Simon
    North Carolina

Attached Files:

2. UDcampermom

UDcampermom New Member

Congrats! It looks great!! You will have so much fun camping!! We just took our NTU pup out this past weekend for the first time and had so much fun. Now we have to wait a few more weeks until the next trip. Enjoy yourselves!!

3. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Welcome to the portal from Boone, NC!

Where are you located in NC? There is a rally at Jordan Lake State Recreation Area (near Apex) this coming weekend. It will be our first rally, and our second trip in our pup (lifetime tent campers prior to March of this year).

4. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

Holy Crap!!!! That is awesome. We are taking the new Pop up to Jordan Lake this coming weekend also. That is our favorite place to camp because we also love to kayak. Usually we stay at Poplar Point Loop H or J, right on the water. This coming weekend though, we want an electric site for the new rig, so we will be at Parkers Creek. We tent camped there a few weeks ago and the pollen was horrible. ha ha. Where will the rally be? We would love to meet up with you and get to know some other RV'ers. Let me know when and where. I'll be there Friday afternoon setting up camp.

We live in Thomasville, NC, and work in Greensboro. Small world. Can't wait to catch up with you.

So what does a rally consist of?

Simon.

5. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

6. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

We are staying in Poplar Point site C008 - feel free to stop by and introduce yourself. I'm Paul, my wife is Ari, and our dog is Roo :)

7. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

Thanks for the invite guys. We will try to get across the bridge to come see you all. If you see 2 red kayaks in the water, it may be us. [:D]

See you then.

Simon.

8. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Welcome from another NC member....We will be at a Rally in SC this weekend but I will tell you that theres a great group of folks going to be at Jordon, well all but that Wild-life guy, he acts nice but will suck you into a life of cast iron cooking..... [:)O]
    I will suggest you call the Jordan lake office and ask them to move your site and join the folks at Poplar Point.

Then you need to think about going to the Sewer [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

9. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

I may just have to do that. We wouldn't want to have too much fun and then the gates close and we can't get back to our camp. Ha ha.

I saw the Sewer rally post. We'll have to check our schedule closer to time, but it looks fun.

Simon.

10. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

Simon, just come across in the yaks. Many of us are lake side with good access. You won't have to worry about the gates closing.... :)

Seriously, since you are that close to a rally, there is no excuse for not dropping in.

11. CampAndPaddle

CampAndPaddle New Member

We'll definitely drop in, and I may even try to move us closer tomorrow. For one thing, kayaking is fun, but after dark on a huge lake, not so much. Secondly, we have 2 big dogs and our daughter to consider. If we can move closer, we can just walk over for awhile. That will work better I think. We usually get a site on the water, but since we just got the pop up on Wednesday, all the water fronts are taken. Our favorite spots are on loops H and J. But those loops don't open until after next weekend. Bummer. I'll let you know where we will be.

Simon.

12. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

Welcome from charlotte, nc!

13. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome aboard.....That's a good looking PUP.

14. Chileno

Chileno Member

Welcome from Chile SouthAmerica
    Regards and enjoy your RV

15. tjmama

tjmama Member

Welcome from NV! Nice pup! Saw one of these last year and was so jealous. Love the blue on them so much I had to go find my own pup that was blue [8D]

16. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Congrats and welcome aboard

17. WNCcampingCrew

WNCcampingCrew Member

Congrats on the new pup! We also have a '92 Destiny Royale. Yours looks to be in much better shape than ours was when we purchased it last fall, but we've had a great time fixing Bessie up and have already been on 5 trips w/ her.

We're in Hendersonville. Welcome!

18. Wild-Life

Wild-Life Active Member

Simon, Sorry we didn't get to see you at Jordan. I certainly hope you didn't come thru the loop while we were out. Mark your calendar for the Sewer rally in October at Wilkesboro. There will be a great group there, and a guaranteed good time.

Happy Trails!