Off to the Dark Side Today

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by generok, Mar 25, 2017.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Well, after more than a year of anticipation, DW and I are off to the dealer to close the deal on a 2017 Forest River Stealth FQ2313 Toyhauler. I'm really looking forward to it. It has an on board genny, 200W solar array, dual batteries, and dual 30lb LP tanks, so it's ready to go off the grid, and so am I! I've seen so many places I'd like to camp that have no services that this rig, with large freshwater and grey/black water holding tanks, will allow the DW and I to comfortably camp without the need for hookups or honeybuckets.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=182&ModelID=3589#Main

Our floor plan is slightly different... it has only one couch with two swivel chairs and another table, so you can swing around and face the back deck or the television.

Plus, being in a hard sided rig, we can now keep food inside versus in the back of the truck, which is a huge plus for us.

I have to sell the PUP on Criagslist, he flat out told me he'd give me next to nothing for it since he'd have to have the maintenance guys spend so much time going over a 21 year old rig and getting it up to speed for a dealer sale. He's right, but I was looking forward to just handing it over to a dealer and not having to clean it up for sales and showing it to folks at my house. Oh well. Seeing as it is still 6 degrees F in the morning here, I guess I have some time to clean it up.

We won't be bringing it home anytime too soon, free storage until May 1 is included.

Should be fun.

bob barnes and PUP_RN like this.
  2. blackbear

blackbear We want to do this for a living !!!

Congratulations on your decision. I think due to health issues, the same plans may be in our near future. Enjoy the new adventure!

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PUP_RN likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have been back and fourth for a long time but I will stay dark this time, you will never regret going dark. Lots more comfortable and a lot less buggy

5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice unit.

6. blondedriver

blondedriver Member

and boy it sure is nice to bake the brownies and have nice ice cream to put on top!!

Snow likes this.
  7. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

Welcome to the dark side!! I agree with Blondedriver: we love being able to have popiscles or ice cream while camping! And the oven is awesome for making a lasagna or chicken pot pies....
    enjoy your new camper!

8. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

welcome those dealers can come up with more stuff when your rig is in on a trade!!

9. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

congrats on the new camper when you get the camper can post some pic.