Off we go...

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by tiltshift, Aug 20, 2019.

1. tiltshift

tiltshift New Member

Got a 2008 Starcraft 2106 back in July. Had electric brakes put on and 7 blade connector for the Outback.

We picked this trailer cause it fell within the towing specs of the Outback, which was tough to find.

Just finished packing for our first trip. This will be the maiden voyage. 25 min down the road, in case something goes wrong. We will see how it goes with 2 kids under 4.

I spent the last week prepping and reading up on operating experience(SPUTs) from this forum.
    Hope we are ready!
    Wish us luck!

Attached Files:

2. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Congratulations. We will be taking our starcraft out for the first time this season this weekend. It has been a crazy busy summer but we plan to camp most weekends now until late fall.

3. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Hope you have fun. Kick back and take it easy, it is camping after all.

4. tiltshift

tiltshift New Member

Ha, chasing a 3 yr old and another little crawler around cuts the relaxation a bit, but I will definitely have a few beers after the kids have gone to bed.

rjhammetter likes this.
  5. rjhammetter

rjhammetter Husband, Dad, Engineer & Camper

Great post and setup tiltshift! That Starcraft looks great pushing the Outback. Besides having generally low tow capacities, which you obviously already know, Subies are otherwise great vehicles.

Don't worry about getting everything right the first time. With practice comes improvement and optimization. After a while, everything seems to go smoothly... at least until the weather get bad... or something breaks.

Your post is like a time capsule for me. We were just like you three years ago: family of four (dad, mom, two kids 2 and 4) hitting the road in our Odyssey fitted with tow equipment and our PUP hitched to the back - only knowing what I read here on PopUpPortal. You chose a great hobby and way to spend quality time camping as a family. Bookmark us in case you need help while camping. Otherwise... enjoy!