OH - Fort Loramie State Park

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Mickeyrv, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

My recent trip to Fort Loramie (Lake Loramie) State Park Campground was an excellent trip. The shower house was always clean and plenty of hot water, the rest room facilities were very clean. The camp sites are large compared to other parks I've been too. All in All I highly recommend this location.

[​IMG]

The lake has a large designated swimming area that is pretty shallow and has a nice sandy bottom, it is located next to a large picnic area with a shelter house and close by restroom.

Most of the sites have electric. Their is a dump station with fresh water outlets, Their are a couple of grey/waste water sites situated through out the park. The park has a lot of water front sites, a playground, basketball court, hiking trail, bicycles 4 rent, movie screen location, and small camp store.

2. tweeker155

tweeker155 New Member

Nice setup! Glad you had a great trip. [:D]

3. gregglong

gregglong New Member

we have camped there for the past couple years and always have had a great time.plenty of things to do and I found the fishing better at night than in the day.Great place to camp...

4. Alcoheroe

Alcoheroe New Member

We're heading here this weekend for our 2nd trip with our n2u PUP.
    I grew up a few miles from here, but live about 2 hours away now.

5. next bite

next bite New Member

[HY] we camped there earlier this year for the first time and of all the state parks that we've been to it is the best keep and cleanest. we plan on going back in the fall for the color change.everybody should try it at least once!!

6. Bigantlers

Bigantlers Active Member

We stayed here Labor Day 2018 (three nights) and had a great time.

The drive down was nice and finding the campground was easy. The lake and beach was nice and clean even if some people were letting their dogs on the beach. A storm ended up chasing us away but it was very nice while we were there.

We did some fishing from the shore. There were many spots to choose from and several were very accessible for young anglers, open with no vegetation and gentle slope to the water.

The campground itself was nice and the spots by the water were really neat. Just like any other park though, any significant rain in the wrong spot produced a swamp with some drying up quicker than others. We had a heavy rain (the storm was actually pretty neat even though it collapsed our awning and portable shade) and it swamped the site across from us. The occupants may have left because of it but it was still pretty wet when we left on Monday.

We had a site next to the bathroom but it was never a problem. The bathrooms did need to be cleaning after day one. I'd like to think they were short staffed because of the holiday because they didn't clean them at all on Saturday but did a quick cleaning on Sunday. It had single showers but they got a little gross by the time we left.

There's a small ice cream shop as well as a restaurant across from the entrance with a decent selection of ice cream. We tried to eat at the restaurant for breakfast but it was too crowded for a family of six.

It got a little noisy on Saturday and Sunday but not too bad and it was patrolled by the local sheriffs. It felt safe and we would definitely go back.