Oh praise thee great sway bar!!!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by DansAndDogs, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DansAndDogs

DansAndDogs New Member

We just took our second trip out in our pup. The first trip was to say the least a very harrowing experience. It was a real handful to pull and I couldn't get above 60 mph on the Interstate because of the sway. I added an anti-sway bar and made sure the tongue height was correct. I just can't even explain the difference it made! I was able to tow comfortably at 70 mph and felt in control the whole time. I have read others on this forum discussing the tendency for a Coleman to sway, so I felt like I needed to let everyone know that didn't already have one installed what a HUGE difference it made. I can't wait for our next trip out. BTW...anyone ever had to replace the pex plumbing? Is this a common item to keep in stock at Camping World? The supply to the outside shower broke at the connection in the slide out dinnette. It looks like kind of a poor design, any ideas about replacing with a more flexible tubing?

2000 Coleman Utah
    2006 Town & Country
    Me, the Wife, our daughter and 3 dogs

2. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

DansAndDogs,

I have changed out some of my hard opaque tubing (PEX fittings) with reinforced flexible tubing and hose clamps. Seems to be working pretty well. I have taken the old clamps off with plier, diagonal cutters and even my dremmel tool with a cutting wheel on it. I was going to replace with PEX clamps but just couldn't find the same size around here.

Mr_Custom (Rick)
    2005 Chev Trail Blazer -2003 Coleman Sun Valley

3. DansAndDogs

DansAndDogs New Member

I ended up using braided rubber line (dishwasher supply hose). One end was threaded correctly, but the other I had to put an adapter on. So far so good, and pretty easy to do.

2000 Coleman Utah
    2006 Town & Country
    Me, the Wife, our daughter and 3 dogs