Ohio Fall Rally, Indian Lake SP

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by bjjohnstone, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBertings

TheBertings New Member

That reminds me Bev and James, I can bring my mom's old canopy. That'll give us one more if we need it!

2. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

Eagle85....you're right! The weather forecast next weekend is for perfect camping weather!! Let's keep all our fingers crossed! Thanks Kevin and Tiffany. An extra canopy could come in handy, especially if that weather forecast turns out to be wrong!

3. robsheila

robsheila New Member

So much blogging over the weekend. We were away camping at Deer Creek State Park with the Great Lakes Pop-Up Club. Very nice campground. Came home by way of SR33. Made some observatons as we passed through Russells Point and Lakeview. The highway signs are clearly marked, but there are no brown state park signs. Have your maps handy.

The Family Dollar and Dollar General I mentioned before are in Russells Point -- not Lakeview. The two communities are only a mile apart. Not a big deal. Russells Point also has a McD's and Taco Bell. There's also a Rite Aid for any health emergencies. This McD's is unique as it has a boat parking area -- as in waterfront, docks. The ducks hang out there for the french fries. My daughter always enjoyed feeding them (back in the day).

Regarding firewood, we're getting it from the place phipps mentioned in his post. It's within a couple miles of the campground. A flea market just past the curve where 366 and 235 meet. We were going to load up a few boxes and bring them over to the campground. The pallets that Bertings is bringing will help get the fire hot in case the wood we bring is either wet or green. It burned pretty good last time we camped at Indian Lake. But you never know.

Rob's telling me that we are going over Thursday. He'll go to work Friday from the campground.

Another nearby attraction I noticed on the drive home today, but forgot to mention, was the Ohio Caverns. They're also in the Bellefontaine area. Visit www.ohiocaverns.com for more information.

See you guys this weekend!

4. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

We'll be heading out Friday morning, so our arrival will be about lunchtime. My brother-in-law won't arrive until around 9pm--they have to work that day. [?]For the raffle, do you need tickets? I have a roll I could bring, just let me know.

5. kc8pny

kc8pny Member

Its loking like we should be there around 2pm on Thursday, depending on if I get to lay down right when I get in from work or not. If not it will be later before we get there.

After looking at some recent forecast models I think we could possibly see our first frost this coming weekend. The cool evenings will make it nice for a campfire!!

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, is any of the other's thats planning to arrive on Thursday going to go out for dinner or just stick around the campground?

6. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

I bought a roll of raffle tickets last week. They're already packed away. Thanks anyway, mamabean5.

I'm not sure yet if my hubby will be coming up on Thursday or Friday. He said he hates to see me stay up there by myself Thursday night, but I think I'll be safe! He has to work Friday on the east side of Columbus, and that's about 1 1/2 hours from the campground. I have to work Thursday morning until about noon, then plan on hooking up and pulling out as soon as possible. If all goes as planned (which it won't!), I should be there between 3 and 4.

I'm guessing that I'm probably not going to feel like going out anywhere for dinner Thursday night. After working, driving up there, then possibly setting up our campsite by myself, I may be pretty wiped out. [SNZ] I'm no spring chicken! Anyhoo.....everything seems to be falling into place....perfect weather forecast, camper's cleaned, supplies bought, clothes packed.....just a couple more days!!

7. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

bj - what's the "official count" on people attending and campsites reserved...just trying to get an idea for quantity of my potluck contribution. Can't wait to see/meet everyone.

8. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

The official count is 9 campsites reserved, 18 adults, 5 kids. Good to hear from you Popsrock. Since we haven't heard anything from you for a while, I was afraid you had decided not to attend. Did you get my questionnaire? Let me know so that I can update my info. If you didn't see it, I'll resend it. Check the first page of this thread to see what everyone else is bringing to the potluck dinner. See you in a few days!!

9. AndresPopUp

AndresPopUp New Member

Lets make that 10 sites I have not had time to keep up to date w/everything. I have site D13 reserved, will be 4 adults.

10. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

Welcome AndresPopUp! I'm going to send you the questionnaire that I sent to everyone else so I can get your information. Check out the first page of this thread to see what everyone is bringing to the potluck dinner Saturday night. We'll see you this weekend!

11. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

BJ - please update the list. I'll bring sloppy joes w/buns, a green salad and apple pie (cross your fingers that hubby doesn't get into the apple pie before Saturday!! Everyone be careful and travel safely.

12. TheBertings

TheBertings New Member

kc8- We should be arriving right around dinner time Thursday, so we plan on warming up something quick while we're getting set up at the campsite. See you all soon!

13. Eagle85

Eagle85 New Member

Well,, It looks like we won't be able to make the rally. My grandfather fell and is in the hospital. He's ok from the fall but they found some other things and we won't know if he's having surgery or what's going on for a couple of days. He's 90 years old and is or was in pretty good health. So hopefully everything will be ok.

I'm sorry about the late notice, we really were looking forward to meeting everyone. If there's another rally in Ohio be sure to let me know, we still want to try one out.

I hope you guys all have a great time and would love to see a group picture posted.

14. kc8pny

kc8pny Member

Oh no Eagle, Sorry you cant make it. Hopefully everything turns out ok for your Grandfather, you will be in our prayers!!

We will definately post a group picture from the rally!!

15. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

Eagle85, I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather, and also to hear that you won't be able to make it to the rally. I hope everything turns out OK. Keep us posted. I'll make sure you get pictures!

16. TheBertings

TheBertings New Member

Sorry to hear that Eagle! We'll miss having some other kids around this weekend. Really hope all turns out well with your grandfather. Sending our thoughts and prayers!

BJ- I am going to see about sliding over to site 39. The closer to the action the better....then we can put the kids to bed and still stay out by the campfire.

17. TheBertings

TheBertings New Member

I am now in site D-39. Can I just say THANK YOU to bjjohnstone for all of your hard work on this!! I know you have a lot of time in planning and organizing and we (namely I) keep changing things on you! :p You are very much appreciated, and sorry to keep rearranging. 39 will be nice for us, though. Right next to YOU and well within an earshot of the campfire ring when our babies are sleeping!

18. bjjohnstone

bjjohnstone New Member

TheBertings, I'm so glad you were able to move over to 39! That's a relief for me since I was hoping to set up the canopies and tables on that side of our campsite. I was afraid if someone outside of the portal took that site, we may disturb them. Not that I expect us to be loud and crazy, but it will just be much nicer to have that area surrounded by our members. And it will be so nice for you to have your girls very close by!

I'm putting the finishing touches on things here, so that I can be ready to pull out shortly after getting home from work tomorrow. It looks like I will be setting up by myself tomorrow afternoon. I talked James into coming up on Friday after work. I don't want him driving back and forth that far when I know I'll be just fine until he gets there. I've been so pumped up about this that I've hardly been able to sleep the last few nights!

And YOUR WELCOME!! I've enjoyed doing this. Just keep in mind that I've never done it or even attended a rally before, so I hope you all still enjoy yourselves! I'll see some of you tomorrow and the rest of you on Friday! Everyone drive safely!

19. kc8pny

kc8pny Member

Looks line we will be pulling out about 1 tomorrow afternoon, I am going to sleep for a couple hours in the morning when I get home from work. So tomorrow may be an early night for me!!

20. robsheila

robsheila New Member

We're adding pulled pork to that menu.
    Weather is looking great. Except Thursday. Tad bit windy and cold.
    We won't pull in until late Thursday.
    See you all then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.