Ohio State Parks Reservations

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by Mickeyrv, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

If your going to use Hocking Hills SP then a reservation is a must as that is the number one rated State Park in Ohio I do 99% of my camping with a sunday after 3pm check in and a Wednesday 11am checkout. Reservations are not really necessary under these conditions. Call the park in advance (2 weeks or so) and ask them about their occupancy on the days that you want to camp. I have never had a problem with them telling me that on Friday to Sunday they normally only have around 95% occupancy. If you must have electric or full hook ups then a reservation is a must.

2. if6was9

if6was9 New Member

If you make your Ohio reservations online, you might run into a problem as I did. Next week I'll be camping on S. Bass Island. The sites that have 110V also have water hook up. Problem being the water gets turned off this time of year, so the web site won't let you make the selection for a site with 110V. I had to make reservations the old fashion way and called them.
    I imagine that most of the Ohio State Parks shut there water off this time of year due to freezing. So just as a heads up, you may run into the same problem I did.

3. Mickeyrv

[TV] [HYC] When using the WEB based reservation system for Ohio State Parks. Under the pet preference put NO PREFERENCE that way all available sites will show up on the SHOW SITES ON MAP option.

4. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Just made ressies this morning in Ohio. I liked the way your service opens at 7 am. Michigan's opens at 8 am and that's hard when you have to get to work! Went into work early last time and the firewall foiled me. Had to call it in and it took FOREVER.

5. Mickeyrv

[TV] [HYC] Ohio State Parks will not allow reservations to be made any more than 6 months in advance to the day. If you want to go on a popular (normally sold out weekend) sometimes you will have to make your reservation for monday to sunday including weekend you want to be their and sign up for 6 nights. (almost the entire week) Which is what a lot of people do for the popular weekends. If you snooze you loose. especially in popular Ohio SP's on popular weekends. Take Hocking Hills for example, Booking for the ever so popular Halloween weekend is one of those situations, (I've been told) where people sign up the monday before the weekend and stay all week. I've yet to see this first hand but
    that is what the woman at HH SP told me on the phone. HH winter rules kick in from Oct 31 to April 1 each year. Pool is open memorial day weekend thru labor day weekend, Water and Showers are not useable during winter season along with other items.