Ok, don't laugh or be too scared, but...

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by mrtuba9, Jul 16, 2008.

1. losttourist

losttourist New Member

Well for my first trip with my pup I am going to try strapping the bikes down with no rack. My wife is really leary about the whole thing but since we're on a tight budget this will have to do. I'll post a pic and report back when we get back from our trip on how we made out.

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

This past weekend, we got set up late afternoon on Thursday and all day Friday we saw all kinds of contraptions on pups pull in. We just looked at eachother and shook our heads. IMO some were quite dangerous looking. Some were really funny. One was a lattice box on the top of a car pulling a pup with all kinds of things attached. Just make sure your load is secure and I'm sure you will be ok. Good Luck!

3. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Tight budget is one thing, but if they are not secure, you could hurt, or even kill someone if one of those bikes comes off. As long as you're mindful of that, you may find a new way to bring the bikes with.

4. losttourist

losttourist New Member

[​IMG]
    here is a pic of my trial run without a rack. Standing in the driveway it seemed safe enough. Took it around the block still seemed fine. So I proceeded onto our trip. All the way watching my rear view. [EEK] Got about 25 kms when I decided to pull into a parking lot and lay everything on it's side with our indoor outdoor carpet underneath. If we were on a road with no bumps etc and all straight aways MAYBE upside down they would have been fine. But it was so nerve racking watching them sway and such. Laying them down on their side turned out to be a worry free trip there and back.

5. Agcflash

Agcflash Lets Go Camping!!!

Fallsrider, I have a Jayco too. Looks like you solved your bike rack problem. I think I will try that.