OK-Greenleaf SP

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by CompuCamper, May 27, 2010.

1. CompuCamper

CompuCamper Where to camp next?

Did my first campout of the season at Greenleaf SP OK the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. The campground was full of campers that weekend. I was able to get a campsite at the end of the loop that I look over the lake. That loop's the new restrooms were not open for use yet so I had to go use the restrooms in the other loop.

The weather was good but was humid. I got my Sailing Kayak out on the lake and had a lot of fun.

I also visited the USS Batfish Submarine Museum in Muskogee, OK.

Pictures of the USS Batfish and GreenLeaf click here

2. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

A gorgeous area... thanks for posting pics, Anthony! The Batfish exhibit is fascinating. This is going on our must-camp-there list... Phil

3. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

I just love that campground!!! Went last year and did the long hike to swinging bridge. Never even knew about the Baitfish Museum!! Once again Anthony good job on the photos!

4. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Never knew about the Batfish?? Being raised in Muskogee, I've been there many many times. It's a very interesting sight to see. If you're ever camping out that way in April, the Chili Cookoff and Azalea Festival at Honor Heights Park are also lots of fun!

5. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Awesome pics!

6. Red Rebels

Red Rebels New Member

CompuCamper: I used to live in Broken Arrow and I believe humidity observations depend on your perspective. At my office in Tulsa, we had a guy from Eastern Ky, East TN, Atlanta, and Miami. We all thought NE OK was very comfortable and almost dry. The Miami guy was afraid he would develop nose bleeding from the dry air. He is still in Jenks after 12 years. We had another guy from Washington State and the humidity almost killed him.

We loved Greenleaf when we lived close.

7. ScouterWife

ScouterWife Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Looks like you had a great site! [:D]

8. arffch

arffch Member

Greenleaf is one of my favorite state parks

9. kozmos

kozmos New Member

We really like Greenleaf SP. Decided last week to get away for a couple days over spring break and are headed go Greenleaf today. Gobbler Ridge for use Wed-Fri.

10. kozmos

kozmos New Member

We had a great time as expected. It was our earliest time of the season to camp and first night temps were down around 30. The 5 mile round trip hike to the swinging bridge was a lot of fun. It's always a quiet, relaxing stay at this park and our kids almost always find other children to play with so everyone has a great time. We're headed back in a few weeks.

11. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

The wife and I hiked over to the swinging bridge last time we were that way. Really fun hike! Apparently no one had made the hike in a couple of days as we got to clear all the spider webs that hung across the trail.........that's always fun!!