Old People with semi-old pop up!!

Schteveo

Jun 23, 2022
OK...Friday Morning, and my butt is about 1/2 inch from dragging directly on...the...ground.

However, thangs ta doo...right now just adding some pics of the camper and especially that power / water box area.

I gotta go order a bunch of fill dirt for a backyard project and pick up some 'astro turf' from Lowes for in front of the camper. Our thinking is, if we don't step right from dirt, gravel, sand into the trailer, it'll stay cleaner. e were usually the ONLY ones with a door mat outside our tents, so, same idea here.

Anyhoobahooba, pics are loaded below. And just like much of the other stuff I own, it ain't pretty, but I own it outright!
WOW, I thought those pics were hosed until I clicked and blew them up a little. That funny brown dog is Penny, SHE adopted ME in 2018 after Hurricane Florence. She has 'claimed' the short wing bed as HERS. L8er ya'll.

Schteveo

Jun 23, 2022
My first PUP was an '89 palomino pony. Super simple, had to "military press" the roof up by hand, But less stuff to break.

Anyway, a couple things. The "jackstands" are actually stabilizers. You should not use them to get the PUP "off the wheels". The wheels are where the weight should be. If you use the stabilizers to hold up the PUP you are likely to have trouble by torqueing/bending the frame, then the door wont fit right, and other problems.

Next, unless you plan on ALWAYS plugging in while camping, consider changing out the dome/outside lights to LEDs, they use much less power.

Happy camping! I'd still be using my Pony but I helped out my sister by buying her 2012 coachmen. The people I gave away the Pony to (single mom, 2 kids) are still using it!
Dave,
I missed your msg the other day. Thanks for the intel on the stabilizers. I hadn't considered torquing the frame but that makes sense.

Sadly, or fortunately as I really HATE throwing stuff away. So I have several scissor jacks laying around, getting it up on stabilizers won't be tough.

I appreciate the help, be well.
Svhteveo

Schteveo

Jun 23, 2022
Saturday, Day 3.

The plan is to get set up and back yard camp as a Shakedown Cruise.

Plus continue on with restacking / restocking / rebuilding.

I have decided to replace the counter tops for the sink / stove area. I'm going to cut a new table top too. One of my cleanliness issues is particle board counters are 'shedding'. I seriously do not want to sweep out the camper every time I bump into a counter top.

I have loads of scrounged 3/4" ply wood, so it's ON.

Anyway, bkfst is over, coffe is done, BACK at it.

ya'll be well,
Schteveo

Grandpa Don

Super Active Member
Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
OK...Friday Morning, and my butt is about 1/2 inch from dragging directly on...the...ground.

However, thangs ta doo...right now just adding some pics of the camper and especially that power / water box area.

I gotta go order a bunch of fill dirt for a backyard project and pick up some 'astro turf' from Lowes for in front of the camper. Our thinking is, if we don't step right from dirt, gravel, sand into the trailer, it'll stay cleaner. e were usually the ONLY ones with a door mat outside our tents, so, same idea here.

Anyhoobahooba, pics are loaded below. And just like much of the other stuff I own, it ain't pretty, but I own it outright!
You know that thinkg doesn't look too bad at all. I don't like the battery location though. I just got out of the hospital for a bladder stone remove and a minor TURP surgery. Still bed ridden and not really able to think properly. So I won't make any other suggerestion until I am feeling better and can get this damn GARDEN HOSE out of my you know what. We'll talk later.

Schteveo

Jun 23, 2022
...so, as the narrator says on Sponge Bob....in a bad French accent...lay-tear that moonth...10 days later anyway...

Did our Shakedown Cruise last weekend, went quite well. Slept ok, ate well and best of all we got to go through ALL the gear that came with the unit. Although, I don't understand someone who has 4 or 5 sharpening stones (various grits) and 2 draw type knife sharpeners in their gear, but EVERY knife needed to be sharpened! And I left them in there, but do you really need 6 or 7 chef sized kitchen knives? Culling to be done yet.

Also went through the tool kit(s). It seemed like every drawer, cabinet and bench box had the following....a screwdriver, small box of screws, a knife, fishing pole, pillow, pair of pliers, hank of rope or twine, fleece woobie, parts for an old (no longer supplied) propane stove or propane grill...AND in there with the lose tools and various junk was an empty, often brand new, tool bag from Dewalt or B&D or ???.

I am a sorter and stacker by nature. So, tools went in one bag, then clamps, parts and nuts, bolts, screws, etc. went into another. Cooking gear and tableware went into the square seat across from the sink.

I got the counter tops for the stove and sink rebuilt. And the backsplash / storage foot too.
It was only 46DEG Sat night, but we had a small electric heater. We actually had 2, one of them worked well, the other was just terrible. I did NOT run the heater through the campers power system, I used a drop cord plugged into one of my outside outlets. But could only use it at 65DEG or the cord (50 foot, 12/3) got too warm. I bought a 25 foot 10/3 to replace that, no problems when even set to 80DEG. We usually drag along an electric skillet and will need the heavier drop cord for that too.

I got waterproof bags for the mattresses, and dust mite bags to go over those that can be washed if need be. All the bedclothes and pillows are now in vacuum bags for better storage and to keep them clean and dry.

But, we are pushed to close up shop and stop working for Ian may visit us this weekend. I'll be around, thanks for all who wrote, especially about that silly clothes hanger. Which, BTW, is out of stock.

Ya'll be well,
Schteveo