Oma's Campground-RV park, Kirkwood, PA

campagain

Jun 24, 2017
We were there this past weekend. Long ago, when I was a kid, it was "D and J Shady Rest" campground. I have no memory of having been there, so, I must have been very small when my family camped there. We decided to give it a try. Here's my rating:

Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Pros:

1. Quiet
2. Considerate campers/residents at other sites
3. They have a "dog park" which is ideal for us
4. The person named "Jenny" in the office was very kind and customer-driven; very helpful!!
5. It appeared that the owners were doing regular monitoring of the sites to ensure safety and compliance

Cons:

1. They have 88 sites, but the sites are very close to overlapping.
2. It seems to be becoming more of a trailer park/residential area than campground (I think readers here will understand the difference that I am attempting to convey)
3. Our lot had a full trash can when we got there- the prior renters were expected to dump their own trash, but did not
4. There seemed to be a lot of construction/renovation going on there
5. During the weekend bingo event, there was a person there who made my family feel very uncomfortable (I was back at our site watching our dogs); we did bring it to the attention of the office, so that they were aware- in the office's defense, there was not much more they could do to control or manage that
6. At checkout time, there was noone at the office (or at least that it seemed); I looked around but did not see anyone, and there was still a sign on the door that the "staff" was working at the Pavilion for bingo (which had been the night before)

I really think that the people running the place might just be overwhelmed. I am sure that it is no easy task running an entire campground.

Latest posts