On, or next to the water, in Mid TN, where is it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Tcrain, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Tcrain

Tcrain New Member

We are in Spring Hill, 32 miles southwest of Nashvile, willing to drive abit

Thanks

2. zorak

zorak Member

You could give Bledsoe creek SP a try. Its next to old hickory lake and there are quite a few sites next to the water. There are several old but clean bath houses , a total of 3 to 4 miles of hiking trails. The downside is no swimming or fishing in certain areas, and no alcohol. Actually the no boose rule is good, as i suspect its mainly there to keep the loud partiers at bay. Be discreet, and you will have no problem. I think all the sites have water and at least 30 amp service. The hosts are all wonderful people and you can buy ice and usually firewood thru them. Many of the sites are wooded as well. Some are pull thru and others back in. I have a 17' 'TT and can back it in no problem. Sites tend to fill up early. I just grabbed the next to the last site available for labor day weekend. Sites cost $20 for a back in and $25 for a pull thru.

3. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

Bledsoe Creek SP is a good choice. Most sites are on the water.

Dale Hollow Lake is the cleanest and clearest lake around. There are many campgrounds around the lake. Sunset Marina area is nice with a lakeside campground. As its namesake implies the sunset on the lake is awesome.

4. glgreg

glgreg New Member

Piney Campground,dover,TN is a good family choice. Very active campground. reserve early to get a lakeside site.