One-and-a-half-minute law-

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by nineoaks2004, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

One-and-a-half-minute law-
    EXCELLENT INFO

A friend sent this to me & thought I’d pass it on. Very interesting & informative: I thought you might be interested reading this

My name is Alexander, I am a cardiologist and a paramedic. A very important warning for those who wake up at night to go to the bathroom...
    You must be careful and use the "One-and-a-Half-minute law" which is scientifically proven. By waking up suddenly for one's physiological needs normally, we often hear that someone "was well in good health and died suddenly during the night without reason.
    The most likely reason is that when that person woke up to go to the bathroom, he/she got up from bed in a hurry, but the brain needs greater blood flow, for having rested, causing a state of fainting and that is when the stroke happens. It is recommended to learn the "One-and-a-Half-minute law" that can save your life
    When you wake up to go to the bathroom, you must first: Lie for 30 seconds after waking up and then sit up in bed for 30 more seconds lowering your legs quietly and sit like that for another 30 seconds " and only then get up to go to the bathroom.
    With these steps the chances are gigantic to survive a sudden stroke, regardless of age...
    Share with all your family and friends. Remember that you can save yours and the lives of many people sharing this information...
    Prevention is better than healing:
    Pressure Arterial
    120/80 normal
    130/85 normal (requires control)
    140/90 high
    150/95 very high
    Heartbeat per minute
    72 BPM (Default)
    60 to 80 BPM (normal)
    80 to 180 BPM (abnormal)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compatibility of blood groups
    What's your blood type and how common is it?
    O (1 IN 3)
    A (1 IN 3)
    B (1 in 12)
    Ab (1 in 29)
    O-(1 in 15)
    A-(1 in 16)
    B-(1 in 67)
    AB-(1 in 167)
    Water effect
    About the body. We know that water is important but you never knew the right time to drink!
    Did you know Drinking water in the correct time maximizes the effectiveness of the human body;
    1 Glass of water after waking up, helps activate internal organs...
    1 Glass of water 30 minutes before meal helps digestion.
    1 Glass of water before showering helps lower blood pressure.
    1 Glass of water Before sleeping avoids stroke or heart attack.

J Starsky and neighbormike like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

If thats true, i am screwed.

silvermickey2002 likes this.
  3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Where can I buy this "water" stuff?

eoleson1 and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Ditto!

6. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Sorry my BS meter is pegged. Many faults in the initial posting that sound like urban legend. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, controlling B/P, weight etc. are all shown to help. Water as outlined has been debunked many times. In the ER, the only time I ask my patients about water consumption is if I'm sending them to surgery or treating specific illnesses.

Toedtoes likes this.
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

The simplest way to debunk this is to look at the first claim:

Stroke victims die when getting up in the middle of the night to go pee.

How many stroke victims have you personally known? Of those, how many had the stroke in the middle of the night?

Both my grandmothers died of strokes. Both died during the day when they were up and about.

Getting up quickly from a reclining position CAN cause lightheadedness. But that does NOT cause strokes, it simply causes a momentary lightheadedness. And you do NOT need to spend 1-1/2 minutes getting up to prevent that - simply giving yourself a few seconds after sitting up is enough.

Not enough to debunk. OK, let's look at the next claim:

Drinking a glass of water when you get up helps activate your internal organs.

Your internal organs do not deactivate at night. They continue to function as designed while you sleep. Therefore, there is no need to activate them in the morning. If they are not functioning properly, then you will need a lot more than a glass of water to get them running again. Like dialysis. Like organ transplant.

There are no studies that have proven any of the claims in this email. The water portion has been going for years and years.

When you get an email like this, look at how it is written. When it has been forwarded by "a friend", when it does not include specific studies but just says "scientifically proven", when it makes claims that seem miraculous. Well then, you can pretty much rule it out as false. And if you just aren't sure, do a search on snopes.com and check it out before forwarding it on.

hq308 likes this.
  8. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

However. There are reasons to get up slowly.

If you are in a camper and wake up in the middle of the night to pee, make sure you are awake enough to safely get out of bed. In my popup, I make the kids have the bed with the small step and I get the one with the couch at the end to land on--it's a highwall and you don't just roll out. It's reasonably safe. In my truck camper, I have to be extra careful to slink down to the end of the bed (less than 2 ft clearance), ooze down onto the milk crate three feet down, then onto the small step, then the big step down into a floor area that is filled with dog. Any mistake could kill me or the dog.

Don't try that unless you are more than half awake.

9. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I wait a minute and a half before I do anything.

eoleson1 and kcsa75 like this.
  10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I try to be finished and back in bed in under a minute, or I'll never fall back to sleep.

One reason why a bathroom was mandatory in our camper.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    kcsa75 likes this.
  11. O'ville

O'ville Active Member

[put&pu].......[HY]........[BBQ]..........[CP]........[CB][CB][CB][CB][CB].....[SNZ].........[PP]...........[XX(]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    eoleson1, kcsa75 and Orchid like this.
  12. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Good information to have. I have a different take on it.

With osteoarthritis of the spine, I typically am pain free in the laying down positions, but am VERY aware that once I roll over and start getting out of bed, the chances are much higher the pain will start.

So I tend to, if I wake up needing to handle biological needs as it were, take no less than 5 minutes trying to talk myself into, or out of getting out of bed. Longer if it's cold.

So let's consider this in a camper. I like to sleep cold, but covered, No idea why but there it is...

So I tend to either camp in the winter, OR have an AC cranked down low. Pretty sure I am bad for the parks power bill... Sure hope they use Solar... Anyway, given that, I typically wake up, let my brain get oriented, and again, talk my reluctant self into getting up before I wet myself. This process is typically according to my Fitbit, 5 - 10 minutes. I then slowly swing the legs over the side of the bed, and sit up, I wait a few seconds as I get more and more oriented, and finally step down to get out of the bed, find some shoes, and go wander to the bathroom / privy tent...

Blood flow and pressures are normalized before I even haul myself out of bed so I figure I am pretty safe.

neighbormike likes this.